Thread: Totally Asinine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Totally Asinine

Guess Which Words Are Banned from Your Kids' Textbooks?

http://www.thefoxnation.com/culture/200 ... -textbooks

(It is a game with our heads to dumb us down. John Lennon wrote a song about "20 years of schooling" to dumb children down.)

Related post on Illegal Kids and GPA:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-885029-.html#885029
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Man, I couldn't believe it. Homeschooling is looking better every day
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go to www.mathusee.com and do the placement test. It is a start on where to begin helping a child in math. I have directed people taking the GED or Military Testing to this site. Many have reported back to me that MATHUSEE did the trick.

My 7th grader did all the Pre- Algebra today with a bit of help on about two problems.

Remember to never, I mean never skip the word problems. Read a word problem 4 times if needed. The one word problem today I actually made paper props to illustrate the math and the floor plan in the painting of a room for square footage.

Doing homework with younger children even helps older folks beef up on the past old knowledge and skills. I show children if elders can do the studies that they should and can accomplish the demands, too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The fun you can have with the English language. I have heard people argue that the English language changes with time, that it evolves with the times. Perhaps Americans will wake up and CHANGE the times.

Where is the phrase 'separation of church and state' found in any of our founding documents?

If a lie is repeated loud enough and long enough it becomes fact.

At yard sales or on Amazon one might want to buy an old dictionary. Just incase the words meanings change and you become confused.

Perhaps some comments from those who advocate a secular philosophy in schools will comment.

How deep is this rabbit hole?

Make sure to read "1984" and "Animal Farm".

Cayla, did you mean to say "Man?" That sounds so sexist.

(sorry could not help myself.)

I think that kids are always eager to figure out something new. And if you give them any sort of challenge, they will not realize they are learning "lessons" but figuring out something neat.
    Grandpa taught my mom a neat math game. If a child knows how to add, they should write down the number. They can have a friend write down any 3 digit number. Friend writes 524, child writes 475 underneath, which adds up to 999. Friend writes 123, and your kid writes 876, again equaling 999. Doing this twice and adding up the numbers always will be 1998, three times it is 2997.
    My son had a great time with this, even confusing a teacher here or there and the grandkids are having a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Cayla, did you mean to say "Man?" That sounds so sexist.

(sorry could not help myself.)
    Man I am sorry about that, sometimes I just can't help myself. I guess I am a closet sexist...Power to the Male (and all the bills too, the females can handle the shopping money)
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)