RAISE, COMMENDATION ... THEN 'YOU'RE FIRED'

Town's top cop flagged for supporting Constitution

Published: 14 hours ago
BOB UNRUH

It happened with stunning swiftness. There was a raise for the top cop of a town in New Mexico, then a commendation and an honor from town residents.

Then, within 48 hours, he’s fired.

All for being accused by the Transportation Security Administration of being linked to the Constitution.

Now former Jemez Springs Police Chief Shane Harger is “gainfully unemployed and seeking employment,” he told WND Wednesday.

He’s also filing a claim against the town for damages for being removed from his post. He has gained the support of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association in his fight for justice, which likely will include a coming lawsuit.
The CSPOA, which calls for certified officers across the nation to “Serve The People and Protect Their Rights,” says it will back Harger because of the precedent in the case. The discipline of Harger came only after a TSA agent allegedly raised questions about him in connection with his attendance at conference held by the CSPOA.

“We’ve all heard these famous last words, maybe we’ve even used them: ‘What’s’ the worst that could happen?’ Well, Police Chief Shane Harger of Jemez Springs, N.M., found out just what the worst is that could happen when he signed up for the recent CSPOA conference,” a newsletter from CSPOA said.

“The worst that could happen is, you get detained by airport security because you are flagged as a potential terrorist due to your affiliation with ‘radical patriot groups.’ Then, when you arrive home from the conference after signing your name to possibly one of the most significant documents you’ve seen in your life, you find out that you’ve been fired – in fact your whole department has been shut down – due to your dangerous political affiliations.”

The CSPOA was launched by former Sheriff Richard Mack, a popular tea-party event speaker and one of the sheriffs who challenged a federal mandate regarding gun control and won at the U.S. Supreme Court.

“This is our plan, our goal and our quest,” the organization explains. “We are forming the Constitutional [Sheriffs and] Peace Officers Association which will unite all public servants and sheriffs, to keep their word to uphold, defend, protect, preserve, and obey the constitutions of the United States of America. We already have hundreds of police, sheriffs, and other officials who have expressed a desire to be a part of this Holy Cause of Liberty.”

Harger had heard references to the organization, looked it up and attended an event.

After the convention, he said: “I’ve been to a lot of conventions and meetings for law enforcement, but I’ve never attended one that started with a prayer. Right then I knew this was something different.”

It was so different that CSPOA reported a TSA agent confronted Harger on his trip and then allegedly contacted officials in Jemez Springs about Harger’s alleged “affiliations.

Sheriff Mack told WND that if it’s documented in court that the TSA interfered with Harger’s job, there could be trouble. Mack said the process already has been started, which includes filing a claim for damages then a lawsuit.

Harger said he applied for unemployment benefits based on his dismissal. The state of New Mexico investigated and found “no cause” for the termination of his employment by the town.

“I have in writing from the state of New Mexico there was no cause found for my termination,” he explained.

He noted that a reserve officers and several part-time officers also were dismissed.

Jemez Springs officials, who promote an Earth Day celebration on their town’s website, did not respond to a WND request for comment.

CSPOA’s Mack said his organization is part of an effort to save America.

“Yes, America is in deep, deep trouble. The good news is that there is hope and my victory at the U S Supreme Court proves that it only takes a few to stand to make monumental changes,” Mack said. “We do not have to stand by and watch while America is destroyed from within. If our counties, cities, and states and all local officers keep their oaths to protect us from tyranny, we can win this battle to take our country back.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/raise-com...UflWIDSXFRc.99