Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Two men held in Phoenix serial killings

'Serial shooter' probe one of two investigations

PHOENIX, Arizona (AP) -- Authorities arrested two men Friday in an investigation into a series of fatal shootings that have terrorized Phoenix area residents, according to a law enforcement official.

The men were arrested at a Mesa apartment complex, the official with knowledge of the investigation said.

They were being questioned in connection with the "Serial Shooter" case -- one of two serial predators whom authorities say have been operating in the Phoenix area for more than a year.

Authorities have said that the "Serial Shooter" is believed to be responsible for killing six people and wounding 17 others, most pedestrians and bicyclists, since May 2005.

The most recent was Sunday in Mesa when a 22-year-old woman was fatally shot as she was walking from her parents' home to her boyfriend's house, authorities said.

Phoenix police have had about 200 officers working to solve who is behind more than a dozen slayings in the area.

A $100,000 reward is being offered for any information leading to the capture of either killer.

Loraine Salyers, a resident of the apartment complex, said she lives near where police came in early Friday.

"I came out and there were like a hundred cops," Salyers said. "I was so scared. My heart's pounding."

Authorities say the so-called "Serial Shooter" is responsible for three dozen shootings of people, as well as dogs and horses. The shootings have generally happened late at night, with no witnesses. Six people have been killed and 17 -- mostly pedestrians and bicyclists -- have been wounded since May 2005.

On Thursday police linked the death of a woman who was gunned down while walking to the so-called "Serial Shooter" because of similarities and forensic evidence.

Robin Blasnek, 22, was walking to her boyfriend's home in Mesa, a suburb east of Phoenix, at about 11:15 p.m. Sunday when she was gunned down. Neighbors heard a shot and ran to help the young woman, but she soon lost consciousness and died at a hospital.

Her father told the East Valley Tribune that Blasnek grew up as a special needs child and lived part-time with her parents in Mesa and at a group home in Tempe.

"She was just a great kid. Very, very naive, and pure as far as not understanding the dangers of the world," Steve Blasnek said. "I guess my only regret is that I didn't give her a big hug."

Trapani said Mesa police were beefing up patrols and had assigned a detective to the Phoenix police serial criminal task force.

That unit already has about 200 officers working to try to solve the serial shooter case, plus another case involving a serial criminal dubbed the Baseline Killer.

The Baseline Killer is believed responsible for killing seven women and one man and sexually assaulting 11 women and girls during the past year. Police think his most recent killing was the shooting death of a 37-year-old woman at a Phoenix car wash June 29.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Find this article at:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/04/phoeni ... index.html

Last edited by Jean; 09-29-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Name removed by that person's request. Not vital to the article.

So is it just me or is the artist's rendition make him seem Hispanic? I'm not placing any labels, but from the billboard, it sure looks like that is the case.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Gee sippy:

I hadn't noticed that Must be I need new glasses.:P :P

I found it interesting that there is no mention in the article of the possible "ethnicity" of the suspect. I wonder why that this??

I found it interesting that there is no mention in the article of the possible "ethnicity" of the suspect. I wonder why that this??
    Chey, (I hope you don't mind a short nickname)

Now we can't have an alleged illegal criminal in McCain's state.

Wouldn't that be a political slap in his face?
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

We need names and legal status as soon as we can get them.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sippy

Chey, (I hope you don't mind a short nickname)
    You can call me anything but "later for dinner".

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I just heard on the news that the police are certain they have they right suspects but no information on identity yet. Here's an article I ran across that has a list of victims.

http://www.krqe.com/expanded.asp?ID=16540

Posted: 8/4/2006 12:26:00 PM

Phoenix jails serial-shooting suspects
    Source: AP

PHOENIX -- Two suspects were arrested early today in connection with a series of shootings that have terrorized the Phoenix area for more than a year.
    Police said the two men were arrested at their apartment at a gated complex in suburban Mesa.

The complex is within two to three miles of the last two shootings police believe are connected to the Serial Shooter cases.

The two Mesa shootings, one July 22 and the other late Sunday night, are the only ones police have attribute to the Serial Shooter. The vast majority of the others have been in Phoenix.

The Serial Shooter cases dating back to May 2005 have left six people dead and 17 wounded. Most of the victims have been people out walking alone or riding bicycles late at night or early in the morning.

A second serial predator also is being hunted in Phoenix. The so-called Baseline Killer is accused of murdering seven women and one man and sexually assaulting eleven women during the past year.

About 200 Phoenix police officers have been trying to solve the Serial Shooter cases and to find the second serial predator.
    The so-called "Baseline Killer," named for Phoenix's southern city limits, is linked to eight deaths and eleven sexual assaults over the past year.

Chronological list of crimes that may be linked to a suspected serial shooter:

-May 24 - Reginald Remillard, 56, is fatally shot with a small caliber weapon while sleeping at a bus stop.
    -June 29 - Windows of a Burger King restaurant are shot out.
    -June 29 - David Estrada, 20, is shot to death in Tolleson.
    -June 29 - A horse is found shot to death in Tolleson.
    -July 19 - A horse is shot and wounded in Tolleson.
    -July 20 - A dog is shot to death.
    -July 25 - Horse is found shot to death in Avondale.
    -July 25 - A burro is shot and wounded.
    -Aug. 5 - A horse is found shot to death.
    -Aug. 6 - A horse is shot and wounded.
    -Nov. 11 - A dog is shot and wounded.
    -Nov. 11 - A dog is shot and wounded.
    -Dec. 29 - A dog is shot to death.
    -Dec. 29 - Tim Tordai, 40, is wounded.
    -Dec. 29 - Jose Ortis, 44, is fatally shot.
    -Dec. 29 - Marco Carillo, 28, is fatally shot.
    -Dec. 30 - Two dogs are shot, one fatally.
    -Dec. 30 - Clarissa Stevens, 21, is wounded.
    -Dec. 30 - A dog is shot to death.
    -March 10 - Timothy Bobiall, 25, is shot from behind while riding his bicycle.
    -May 2 - Tambadu Kibili, 17, is shot in the back while walking.
    -May 2 - Claudia Gutierrez-Cruz, 20, is fatally shot while walking in Scottsdale.
    -May 30 - James Hodge, 56, is wounded.
    -May 31 - Miguel Rodriguez, 35, is shot in the side while walking.
    -May 31 - Darryl Davies, 44, is found shot in the left side.
    -June 8 - Paul Patrick, 45, is shot in the right side while walking.
    -June 11 - Elizabeth Clark, 31, is shot in the left hip while riding her bicycle.
    -June 20 - Frederick Fena, 57, is shot while sitting in a parking lot.
    -June 20 - Tony Long, 46, is shot in the torso while walking.
    -July 1 - Diane Bein, 46, is shot while walking.
    -July 1 - Jeremy Ortiz, 24, is shot while standing behind a strip mall and walks to a nearby convenience store for help.
    -July 3 - Joseph Roberts, 19, is shot while pushing his bicycle on the sidewalk.
    -July 8 - Ashley Armenta, 27, is shot in the back of the head while walking.
    -July 8 - Gary Begay, 31, is shot in the torso while walking.
    -July 22 - man, in his 30s, is wounded while riding his bicycle in Mesa.
    -July 30 - Robin Blasnek, 22, is fatally shot while walking in Mesa.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Their names are,Samuel John Dieteman,and Dale Hausner, doesn't sound like illegal aliens, who knows though! There is still another one out there.
    Build the dam fence post haste!