Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Roundabout wrote:

Also I noticed NOT ONE word about defunding Obamacare.

[quote:7oe1w87l]1: The riders

Politically, the number of cuts is nothing compared to the controversial amendments attached to the House-passed bill. Clearly, they are the biggest hurdles to getting a deal. The right and the left are pressing Congress on various amendments, most notably on defunding the healthcare reform bill and Planned Parenthood. The White House and Democratic leaders have said those riders are dealbreakers.
    The Republicans are attempting to defund the healthcare reform bill.[/quote:7oe1w87l]

There is an video with him speaking at the link below

Rep. Gohmert Endorses Defunding Automatic Obamacare Spending, But Not Through Stopgap Bill
    Monday, April 04, 2011
    By Matt Cover

(CNSNews.com) – Representative Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) said the $105.5 billion in automatic spending in the health reform law must be shut off, but he stressed that it was better to do so through a stand-alone bill, not with the continuing resolution (CR) to keep the government funded for a few weeks at a time.

Speaking to reporters at a Tea Party rally on Capitol Hill on Thursday, Gohmert was asked whether some policy amendments added to the CR, known as riders and favored by House Republicans, were negotiable. The House and Senate leadership is trying to work out a deal to fund the government for the remainder of the fiscal year, which ends in September.

CNSNews.com asked Gohmert whether defunding the automatic spending in Obamacare was negotiable for him and whether he would vote for a continuing resolution that didn’t rescind the spending. He said the defunding needed to happen but that it could be done as a stand-alone measure.

“There are different ways to do that,â€

Representative Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) said the $105.5 billion in automatic spending in the health reform law must be shut off, but he stressed that it was better to do so through a stand-alone bill, not with the continuing resolution (CR) to keep the government funded for a few weeks at a time.
    Where is the political leverage to get this done on its own?

And here again is a little sampling and reminder as to why this so called "Obamacare" law needs to be repealed. What nerve these people had in passing such a self-serving and liberty stealing item.

And as usual, exempting themselves, while paying off the folks that got them elected.

Seems to me that should be enough don't you think????

Kathyet

roundabout wrote:

To be perfectly honest with you Mickey, I believe both parties wanted the health care bill.
    I absolutely and unequivocally do not believe that. The final House vote was 220 to 207, and the Senate vote was 56 to 43, with the Republicans unanimously opposed in both chambers. Every single Republican in the U.S. Congress voted against the healthcare reform bill.

Also, the U.S. House of Representatives have voted to repeal the healthcare bill. The 245-189 vote was largely along party lines. However, Sen. Harry Reid has stated that the repeal will never see the "light of day" in the U.S. Senate.

Simple fact, the Democrats have sole ownership and are directly responsible for Obamacare.

Mickey wrote,
    roundabout wrote:

Quote:
    To be perfectly honest with you Mickey, I believe both parties wanted the health care bill.

I absolutely and unequivocally do not believe that. The final House vote was 220 to 207, and the Senate vote was 56 to 43, with the Republicans unanimously opposed in both chambers. Every single Republican in the U.S. Congress voted against the healthcare reform bill.

Also, the U.S. House of Representatives have voted to repeal the healthcare bill. The 245-189 vote was largely along party lines. However, Sen. Harry Reid has stated that the repeal will never see the "light of day" in the U.S. Senate.

Simple fact, the Democrats have sole ownership and are directly responsible for Obamacare.
    Well I will have to admit, at face value that voting record looks impressive. Especially in historical terms after the fact.

If you were a congress critter would you have voted? I ask that because I did not see the hardball politics played on the right as I saw on the left, the two making up the grand illusion(JMO) of a two party system. There is much more that could have taken place that did not during the debate. Members of Congress (Rep.) could have walked out of committee meetings, demanded a debate on the constitutional authority, abstained from voting at all, after all they knew they were going to lose. Brought in constitutional experts and burned the house down before going along with what we now have been gifted by a duopoly.

When there have been so many times for the GOP to act like their talk, time and again they have failed to do so. There are reprecussions, and they will multiply as more and more refuse to continue to view their politics like a team sport.

There was a time when congress critters carried canes and the fun really got into higher spirits. No one even decked anyone or spit in any one's face and called them a commie!

Yep............I am a radical. But atleast I am not going to continue to buy into this charade known as a two party system. Time will tell.

JMO, everybody has one.

If I walked with a cane, would you vote me into congress?

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    Mickey wrote,
    roundabout wrote:

Quote:

Well I will have to admit, at face value that voting record looks impressive. Especially in historical terms after the fact.

If you were a congress critter would you have voted? I ask that because I did not see the hardball politics played on the right as I saw on the left, the two making up the grand illusion(JMO) of a two party system. There is much more that could have taken place that did not during the debate. Members of Congress (Rep.) could have walked out of committee meetings, demanded a debate on the constitutional authority, abstained from voting at all, after all they knew they were going to lose. Brought in constitutional experts and burned the house down before going along with what we now have been gifted by a duopoly.

When there have been so many times for the GOP to act like their talk, time and again they have failed to do so. There are reprecussions, and they will multiply as more and more refuse to continue to view their politics like a team sport.

There was a time when congress critters carried canes and the fun really got into higher spirits. No one even decked anyone or spit in any one's face and called them a commie!

Yep............I am a radical. But atleast I am not going to continue to buy into this charade known as a two party system. Time will tell.

JMO, everybody has one.

If I walked with a cane, would you vote me into congress?
    Our memories are different on this issue. I remember the Republicans doing almost everything they could to stop Obamacare. Unfortunately they didn't control any part of the U.S. Congress or the White House. There isn't but so much you can do when you don't control any aspect of government. Now that the Republicans control the Congrees, there has been an appeal of the healthcare reform bill passed in the House. The problem is, the Democrats still control the Senate and White House.

Mickey wrote,
    The problem is, the Democrats still control the Senate and White House.
    Americans have spoken. Time to play ball, hard ball. Shut'er down!

Three decades a registered Republican Mickey. Looking back and looking at where we are, how did I fare?

I'll keep alot of the ideology and my principles that were spoken for time and time again, but, I'll let others carry the bucket how ever long they wish.

Every time a Republican shakes hands with a Democrat, (those that were there when the health care debacle was being debated) they show me they are nothing but traitors. If they were to self combust and a Republican pissed on them to put them out, the Republican is a traitor.

It has been said that "politics is the art of compromise." Seems to me, the Republicans have mastered politics. Too bad they have no principles left.

Mickey wrote,
    I remember the Republicans doing almost everything they could to stop Obamacare.
    Not to pick on or act trivial, but your statement has a some merit to it, except, "almost," only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

At this point Mickey we can agree to disagree on the amount of effort that was expended on the debate, and we can both hope and wish that you be proven correct.

However the clock is ticking, and as I have already said, I will not be carrying any water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12