Alice Family Sees Image of Christ

VIDEO AT SITE:

Manuel De La Rosa

Story Created: Jul 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM CDT

Story Updated: Jul 14, 2008 at 6:56 PM CDT

(July 14, 200

ALICE--Residents report seeing the image of Jesus Christ on a light pole in an Alice neighborhood. Well.That's according to hundreds of people, who are coming from different places to check it out.

The image was first seen less than 24 hours ago. Since then, the area has been bombarded with visitors.

6th and Dickey Street in Alice is normally quiet, but that has changed after an image of Jesus Christ was seen on this light pole.

"I know as soon as Mom gets off work she's going to come and freak out because you definitely see it," said Jennifer Joslin, who came to look at the image. "Nothing like this happens in Alice."

The image of Jesus Christ's face and beard was seen next to the Martinez Family home on Sunday night.

"We saw the face," said April Ordonez, who first saw it while travelling with her boyfriend. "I called my mom. It looked pretty cool at night."

Her mother couldn't believe it and she's stayed up all night after seeing it.

"I don't know why here, why me, but I think I'll start believing in God again," said Mari Martinez, who lives near the light pole where the image of Jesus Christ was seen.

All day, visitors came by. Some brought flowers. Others candles and someone brought holy water.

"There's been plenty of people just driving by, looking, taking pictures, stopping touching the image," Martinez said.

"That shows a lot of people believe," Ordonez said. "People are coming by and watching. They believe."

The martinez family expects more visitors to come as word is spreading quickly, but they don't mind the extra company.

"They're welcome to come by and look at it and do what they have to do," Martinez said.

--Manuel De La Rosa, Area 3 News, mdelarosa@kiiitv.com

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/25449039.html