Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Read the 23 page deferred prosecution agreement and the SEC’s civil complaint below the article @

http://blogs.wsj.com/corruption-current ... 2-million/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    And you think I am going to buy any of their products?

If Tyson abides by the terms of the agreement for the two-year term, the department will dismiss the criminal information.
    NO! They should go after them and get them anyway and throw them in prison if need be
    They admitted guilt and the U.S. got 'em for $4 MILLION.
    If they put them in prison we are stuck paying for them while they are locked up.
    But if Tyson has done this,with NO RESPECT to health concerns and safety of the product ,what else have they done or willing to do to put more money in their pockets.

They have been investigated before for hiring and transporting illegals to their work sites.
    http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?art ... _heartland

And as far as costing us money? That is the same excuse politicians use to NOT go after illegals with legislation in their states.

Although this took place in Mexico, they DID break US laws,
    Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, a 1977 law that bans bribery of foreign officials
    Just as I worked for a large corporation and we could still be held responsible for any wrong doings that occurred overseas. We had to take government required questionaires periodically saying we understand the corporations business ties.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

http://chicagobreakingbusiness.com/2011 ... rkers.html
    [quote] Filed under Government, Work culture
    U.S. plans crackdown on employers of illegal workers
    By Associated Press
    Posted Jan. 20 at 5:58 a.m.

The Obama administration plans to intensify a crackdown on employers of illegal immigrants with the establishment of an audit office designed to bolster verification of company hiring records.

In an interview, John Morton, chief of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, a unit of the Department of Homeland Security, said the Employment Compliance Inspection Center would “address a need to conduct audits even of the largest employers with a very large number of employees.â€

But if Tyson has done this,with NO RESPECT to health concerns and safety of the product ,what else have they done or willing to do to put more money in their pockets.
    There were no real safety concerns. The Mexican inspectors wanted money to NOT file false reports against the company that would shut them down.
    It was extortion.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

According to documents filed in court, Tyson’s Mexican subsidiary, Tyson de Mexico, paid approximately $90,000 between 2004 and 2006, to two publicly-employed veterinarians who inspected its Mexican plants, resulting in profits of approximately $880,000. . .

According to court documents, the bribe payments were made to keep the veterinarians from disrupting the operations of the meat-production facilities.
    NO AMNESTY

JohnDoe2 wrote:

There were no real safety concerns. The Mexican inspectors wanted money to NOT file false reports against the company that would shut them down.
    It was extortion.
    I must have missed this. Please show me in the article where it says inspectors were going to file FALSE reports if not paid.

The header on the story is, "Tyson Foods Inc. Agrees to Pay $4 Million Criminal Penalty to Resolve Foreign Bribery Allegations"

There is no mention of extortion here. Tyson was paying bribes to get the reports they wanted.

I must have missed this. Please show me in the article where it says inspectors were going to file FALSE reports if not paid.
    Have you ever heard of "read between the lines and figure it out"?
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Have you ever heard of "read between the lines and figure it out"?
    No need to read between the lines, the facts are clear and in print. Tyson Foods Inc. was paying off the inspectors. That's bribery my friend, not extortion. Are you honestly attempting to convince someone that Tyson is the victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    . . . Are you honestly attempting to convince someone that Tyson is the victim? 8O
    NO.
    Are you trying to convince someone that Mexicans are above extortion?
    NO AMNESTY

Even with payoffs.whether you want to call it extortion or bribery ,safety is still a concern when they are paid to look the other way. No other explanation is required to know this. Just look at other cases across this country in a very short time where we have had outbreaks of salmonella. Something is awry. Tyson is the one with the money and power to do such things if they choose to. And their spotty past shows they can and they will.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12