Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel

http://www.breitbart.tv/update-army-wil ... r-officer/

"U.S. military officials tell NBC News that the U.S. Army will court martial a lieutenant colonel who refuses to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Obama to be "illegal."

Army officer won’t accept Obama as chief

Sources: Doctor who refused to deploy could face court-martial

NBC News and news services
    updated 3:30 p.m. PT, Tues., April 13, 2010
    WASHINGTON - The Army may be forced to court-martial a lieutenant colonel who refused to deploy to Afghanistan because he considers orders from President Barack Obama to be illegal, military officials told NBC News on Tuesday.

Army doctor Lt. Col. Terry Lakin believes Obama does not meet the constitutional requirements to be president and commander-in-chief because Lakin believes the president was not born in the United States. A video with statements from Lakin on the subject was released by the right-wing American Patriot Foundation.

Lakin refused to report to Fort Campbell, Ky., for deployment to Afghanistan, but instead went to the Pentagon. There on Monday he was confronted by his brigade commander, Col. Gordon Roberts, and informed he could face court martial, and his Pentagon building pass and government laptop computer were seized.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36478557/ns ... -military/

Terry Lakin, 'Birther', To Be Court Martialed By US Army

NBC News reports that the Army will court martial Lt. Col. Terry Lakin because of his refusal to deploy to Afghanistan. Lakin is part of the discredited "birther" movement, and as such believes that orders from President Obama are "illegal."

Read more from NBC News here. Watch Lakin's video below explaining why he believes Obama is not a natural born citizen.

WATCH VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea9JVnck ... r_embedded

Lieutenant colonel (lieutenant-colonel in English from the French grade's spelling) is a rank of commissioned officer in the armies and most marine forces and some air forces of the world, typically ranking above a major and below a colonel. The rank of lieutenant colonel is often shortened to simply "colonel" in conversation and in unofficial correspondence.[1] A lieutenant colonel is typically in charge of a battalion in the army.

The fifth grade of commissioned officer indicated by a silver oak leaf on the collar of the uniform. The pay grade is O-5 and is the same in the Army and the Air Force. In the Navy and the Coast Guard the rank is commander and is additionally indicated with three broad gold bands topped by an insignia representing a branch (usually a gold star in the Navy and a gold shield in the Coast Guard) on shoulder boards or cuffs.

This country is a mess... Never tought we would look like other countries with government problems. This is soooo ugly and wrong... A coup is unlikely but possible.

I probably have a different stance on this than most, I DO NOT SUPPORT Obama, but.

He is at this time the POTUS, whether I like it or not, and as a military officer, he has a duty to follow orders....not just the ones he likes.

As I come from a military family, with a long military history, I take issue with an officer refusing orders.

Yes I agree, there are times where an order may go against military doctrine and behavior that we expect, and in those circumstances, I can applaud it....( orders to say blow up a school full of children, our servicemen dont do that)

but orders to deploy, I cant go with refusing those....just my opinion

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    I probably have a different stance on this than most, I DO NOT SUPPORT Obama, but.

He is at this time the POTUS, whether I like it or not, and as a military officer, he has a duty to follow orders....not just the ones he likes.

As I come from a military family, with a long military history, I take issue with an officer refusing orders.

Yes I agree, there are times where an order may go against military doctrine and behavior that we expect, and in those circumstances, I can applaud it....( orders to say blow up a school full of children, our servicemen dont do that)

but orders to deploy, I cant go with refusing those....just my opinion
    Orders from an person Unconstitutionally qualified to be President are no different than orders to blow up a school. Military personell swear allegiance to the Constitution, not to the President.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

true, but the issue is, we havent been able to prove he is not legally the president.

Personally, I believe Obama has a personal agenda and hates what AMerica is, I think he is so egotistical he has is own vision and that is all he cares about

I want Obama and Pelosi removed as traitors to America.

Allowing this soldier to disobey orders, opens a door every time someone doesnt like something, to just say I don't recognize the person giving the orders as being legitimate....it would cause a break down in military protocol

If he is not legally the president, by this time, the government has covered its tracks with paperwork....if they havent, in 2012 in something like 11 states, he now has to pony up the paperwork and it is not Pelosi who gets to verify it.

So, while I dont like Obama, until he is removed, I have a hard time with disobeying orders.....hopefully that makes sense

btw- gonna see you tomorrow at the irvine auto center ?

MW
    This is not immigration related and should be moved to the "Other Topics" forum.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Moving to Other Topics.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast