Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unanimous GOP Support for Ron Paul’s Bill to Audit the Fed

Unanimous GOP Support for Ron Paul’s Bill to Audit the Federal Reserve

By tmartin • July 15, 2009
    RonPaul.com

Ron Paul’s congressional office sent out the following press release today:

Washington, D.C. – Congressman Ron Paul (TX-14) is pleased to announce that all 178 Republican members of the House have now signed on as cosponsors of his Federal Reserve Transparency Act, HR 1207.

This legislation calls for a full and complete audit of the Federal Reserve by the Government Accountability Office, reported to Congress by the end of 2010.

“Now more than ever, we need to know what the Fed has been doing in secret. I am pleased that all of my Republican colleagues in the House, as well as many Democrats, understand the need for this kind of transparency,â€

HR1207 is the single best chance this country has.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

apropos wrote,

HR1207 is the single best chance this country has.
    Should this gather enough steam and an audit was ordered, would Americans be ready to propose alternatives? Minus the knee-jerk reactions?

Looking at the congress of present, I wonder. I do not mean to sound pessimistic, just unsure of what would come next? However I do agree an audit is needed. It almost seems insane that the Fed has avoided the Congress for so long. Will Congress go behind closed doors?

Remember.....Bernanke threatened that the Fed would respond destructively if it is audited.

Remember.....Bernanke threatened that the Fed would respond destructively if it is audited.
    Who is this Fed that makes such threats? Stand out in the open and let us see the whites of your eyes! Space travel is still limited. Where will this Fed run too?

The American people must become more educated. When you understand your threat it becomes less threatning.

I have read somewhere that a return to Constitutionally sound money could be implemented overnight. All outstanding debts would be covered by a new Constitutionally mandated sound currency and operating funds could be produced at the same time in an amount that would equall the current economy. The price of gold held by the government could be ordered at any determined level. It seems to me that if a government can print a fiat money out of thin air then it can also return to a sound money supply aswell.

JMHO

i read somewhere that this bill had more than enough sponsors to pass because it was like 250 people signed on to it, but the wicked witch of the west, pelosi, refuses to allow it to be voted on by the full house