Posts from DAP:

Hi I have a general question hopefully someone can shed light on this a little further..
A very good friend of mine who is not documented, got two traffic tickets and he has court coming in early december. We are in Chicago city proper, he qualifies for the Dream act if it ever goes tru (as it is set right now), but he is concerned that he might be deported if he shows up in traffic court to pay the tickets or whatever needs to take care of the citations. I want him to take care of his tickets.. but..

I have heard chicago is a sanctuary city, do we have any reason to fear him being deported? I don't think so.. I would rather him pay whatever fine he needs, rather than him having a no-show on his record. But yet I wouldn't want him to be taken in and deported, he is one of the most hard working, truly kind people I have ever met..

Any ideas or duggestions?

Any legal people here who can shed some light on this?

Thanks

Tony ( legally worried in chicago)

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:30 pm

cadman

Tell him to relax, he will not be deported. Last time I went to pay a ticket, it was in and out. Did not ask for ID or anything. He has to go pay those tickets; this was in LA btw.

The views and opinions expressed within my posts are not necessarily the views of other DAP constituents. I do not take credit for graphics posted.
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:47 pm

RahmanIV

TROLL ALERT!!!

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:52 pm

pingpong abyss

RahmanIV wrote:
TROLL ALERT!!!

Why?

with a premonition of light the sea sang,
and one by one the barriers give way
--Octavio Paz
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:54 pm

RahmanIV

pingpong abyss wrote:

Why?

No reason, I just like cadman's Troll Warning system.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:56 pm

cadman

RahmanIV wrote:
pingpong abyss wrote:

Why?

No reason, I just like cadman's Troll Warning system.

Lol I didn't even check his post count.

The views and opinions expressed within my posts are not necessarily the views of other DAP constituents. I do not take credit for graphics posted.
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:58 pm

thiefofhearts

Theres no problem at all. Chicago is a sanctuary city and its against the law for anyone to ask you about your immigration status. I have seen many a time where the judge asked the defendant if they qualified for a drivers license. When they responded in the negative, he simply told them to pay the fine. No problem about it.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:01 am

Osito

I live in Chicago, i've been pulled over and have gotten a ticket (non-working headlight). You just show up to court and pay the fine. The judges understand and will just make you pay a fine. I had an accident in DuPage county and had to pay a $250 fine on top of the ticket itself. In Cook County (skokie) they made me pay a $500 fine (for not having insurance) on top of the ticket, so tell your friend to make sure that when he shows up to court that (s)he has insurance just in case the judge asks for it.

we can change the course of time!

~BoySetsFire
Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am

ezjoel

I was stopped in Ahaheim,Ca and I am still here. Do not worry.
I am livid. The fact that these illegal aliens are getting away with perpetually breaking our laws by simply paying a fine is unbelievable. If it were a citizen we'd probably have our license revoked and be thrown under the jail. No wonder they won't leave, instead of being thrown in jail and deported once caught here illegal law enforcement turns the other cheek.

I guess they have to kill one of us before anybody decides to enforce the laws.