Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT - REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT...

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE BY A PUBLIC OFFICIAL LET ALONE BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. AND THIS GUY IS OUR "COMMANDER IN CHIEF". HE IS A DISGRACE.

UNBELIEVABLE PRESIDENT.... HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

WHAT AN EMPTY HEADED PERSON HE MUST BE....

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every one including every vet and their families whom you know. How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader? I didn't vote for him!!!

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?"

If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over.. If you or a family member is or has served their country please pass this to them.

Please pass this to everyone.

I'm guessing that other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals in the US will agree that this is just another example why this is the worst president in American history. Remind everyone over and over how this man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued "I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."
    WHAT?!
    What kind of statement is this? They already made a HUGE sacrafice.....and the government wants MORE? "Hey, tough chit, you decided to go...so deal with it." I can hardly believe it...OMG.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you have a link for this?

If this is true, it's no big surprise. The man has no regard for human life. He sits and listens to a nurse describe the horror of a late term partial birth abortion with absolutely no expression whatsoever. Why should he care about grown men who serve in the military? Of anyone else for that matter...

Obama Appoints two devout Muslims to homeland security posts. Doesn't this make you feel safer already? Oh yeah, especially after the shootings on the military base by a devout Muslim Dr. We can all breath easier now.

Obama and Janet Napolitano Appoint Arif Alikhan, a devout Muslim as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development Source for announcement: Homeland Security Press Room. http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atla ... y-dhs.html

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is proud to announce that the DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore-in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim, who was born in Damascus, Syria as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC). http://www.adc.org/

NOTE: Has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a devout Catholic, Jew or Protestant...?

Just wondering

Doesn't this make you feel safer already??

Devout Muslims being appointed to critical Homeland Security positions? That should make our homeland much safer, huh!!

Was it not men of the "Devout Muslim Faith" that flew planes into U.S. buildings not too long ago. What the heck is this president thinking?

The Obama administration plans to require private insurance carriers to reimburse the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) for the treatment service related injuries of military personnel -Truth! - but Cancelled

Obama said "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute... I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country. I wasn't asking for blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans." - Fiction! & Satire!

Summary of the eRumor:
    A forwarded email from an Army wife warning that President Obama wants the military personnel to get their own health insurance to pay for the treatment of injuries in line of duty. She urges readers to contact their elected Senators and Representatives to put a stop to this plan.

The Truth:
    On March16, 2009, members of the American Legion met with President Obama where he discussed "a proposal to force private insurance companies to pay for the treatment of military veterans who have suffered service-connected disabilities and injuries." The non-profit veterans service organization, American Legion, issued a statement voicing its concerns on its web site shortly after the meeting. Click here for statement.

Commander David K. Rehbein of The American Legion said that Obama “ is looking to generate $540-million by this method, but refused to hear arguments about the moral and government-avowed obligations that would be compromised by it.â€

March 10, 2009 -- Updated 2058 GMT (0458 HKT)

Senators slam plan for wounded vets to use private insurance

Story Highlights
    * Obama team considering plan in which vets would use private insurance for wounds
    * No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly
    * Veterans organizations have been lobbying Congress to oppose the idea
    * Lawmakers say plan would be rejected if it goes to Congress

By Adam Levine
    CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.

Lawmakers say they'd reject a proposal to make veterans pay for treatment of war wounds with private insurance.

Lawmakers say they'd reject a proposal to make veterans pay for treatment of war wounds with private insurance.

But the proposal would be "dead on arrival" if it's sent to Congress, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, said.

Murray used that blunt terminology when she told Shinseki that the idea would not be acceptable and would be rejected if formally proposed. Her remarks came during a hearing before the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs about the 2010 budget.

No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly, but veterans groups wrote a pre-emptive letter last week to President Obama voicing their opposition to the idea after hearing the plan was under consideration.

The groups also cited an increase in "third-party collections" estimated in the 2010 budget proposal -- something they said could be achieved only if the Veterans Administration started billing for service-related injuries.

Asked about the proposal, Shinseki said it was under "consideration."

"A final decision hasn't been made yet," he said.

Currently, veterans' private insurance is charged only when they receive health care from the VA for medical issues that are not related to service injuries, like getting the flu.

Charging for service-related injuries would violate "a sacred trust," Veterans of Foreign Wars spokesman Joe Davis said. Davis said the move would risk private health care for veterans and their families by potentially maxing out benefits paying for costly war injury treatments.
    Don't Miss

* Vets object to billing private insurance for service injuries http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03 ... index.html
    * 12,000 U.S. troops out of Iraq by fall, military says http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast ... index.html

A second senator, North Carolina Republican Richard Burr, said he agreed that the idea should not go forward.

"I think you will give that up" as a revenue stream if it is included in this April's budget, Burr said.

Murray said she'd already discussed her concerns with the secretary the previous week.

"I believe that veterans with service-connected injuries have already paid by putting their lives on the line," Murray said in her remarks. "I don't think we should nickel and dime them for their care."

Eleven of the most prominent veterans organizations have been lobbying Congress to oppose the idea. In the letter sent last week to the president, the groups warned that the idea "is wholly unacceptable and a total abrogation of our government's moral and legal responsibility to the men and women who have sacrificed so much."

The groups included The American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, and Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America.

At the time, a White House spokesman would neither confirm nor deny the option was being considered.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03 ... index.html

Just wait, I am sure Obama will come up with an even more outrageous statement than this one!

I am just waiting for him to say the "We the People" in the United States Constitution refers to everyone who is present in the USA, not matter how they got here. I am sure that's how he feels in his heart.

Obama should be forced to fight front line in Afghanistan! But on the Other hand he would probably shoot one of our troops in the back.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!