Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Underdog Fischer wins GOP nomination for Nebraska Senate race

Underdog Fischer wins GOP nomination for Nebraska Senate race

May 15, 2012/Associated Press

Republican nominee Deb Fischer says she is ready to take on former Democratic Sen. Bob Kerrey this fall in a closely watched Nebraska Senate race.

Reached at her celebration party in Lincoln, the tea party-backed lawmaker eschewed any suggestion that the win caught her by surprise. She says she knows how to work hard because she's a Nebraskan.

Fischer downplayed the role a late $200,000 advertising blitz from an outside super PAC might have had in her race against two better-financed GOP opponents.

She acknowledged that the general election race could get bloody. She calls the race the "focus of the entire nation" and thinks it will get "interesting."

The 53-year-old Fischer overcame low name familiarity and being outspent by two competitors to win the nomination in Tuesday's election.

She was backed by 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin and former presidential candidate Herman Cain.

The race has drawn national attention because a GOP win would push Republicans closer to a Senate majority.

Nebraska is a solidly Republican state, but Democrats think they have a shot of winning with Kerrey, a former senator, governor and presidential candidate. Kerrey easily won the Democratic nomination.

The general election winner will replace Democratic Sen. Ben Nelson, who isn't seeking a third term.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Deb Fischer announces plans to combat illegal immigration

Posted: Apr 05, 2012 4:38 PM CDT Updated: Apr 19, 2012 4:39 PM CDT

Republican US Senate candidate Deb Fischer announces her plans to crack down on illegal immigration.

During a press conference today Fischer introduced her plan to secure the borders, increase workplace enforcement, and prohibit rewards for illegal behavior.

Fischer also says she wants to make English the official language of the United States.

The current state senator says she is a strong opponent of illegal immigration and recently supported a bill requiring citizens to show photo ID when they vote.

Deb Fischer announces plans to combat illegal immigration - kotanow.com, KDUH, Scottsbluff, News, Weather and Sports

llegal Immigration

Keeping our borders secure is a primary responsibility of the federal government. If elected, I will support increased agents/troops on our southern border to beef up security. I support the E-verify system of validating legal immigrants when they apply for a new job. I will not tolerate those who break immigration laws and enter our country illegally. In the Nebraska Legislature, I strongly opposed giving benefits and in-state tuition to illegal aliens. In the U.S. Senate, I will oppose amnesty and other attempts to provide incentives for those who violate our laws.
    Illegal Immigration : Deb Fischer 2012
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn