Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

University reshuffles 'North American Union architect'

University reshuffles 'North American Union architect'
    Robert Pastor's global program dismantled, on sabbatical working with 'The Elders'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: January 24, 2008
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2008 WorldNetDaily.com

Robert Pastor – the American University professor whose writings have championed the creation of a North American Community – has resigned his position in the school's Office of International Affairs amid a reorganization that has dismantled many of his key programs.

Pastor confirmed to WND he began a one-year sabbatical Jan. 1 at American University and plans this year to work on three new books, including one on North America. He also is working with The Elders, the conflict-resolution group of world figures, including Nelson Mandela and Jimmy Carter.

Pastor explained in an e-mail he has stepped down as vice president of international affairs at the university and as director of the Center for North American Studies in the Office of International Affairs, a program he has headed since he began at American University in 2002.

"This reflects no change in my focus," Pastor insisted, "just a sabbatical to devote more time to research and writing."

WND confirmed, however, that university President Neil Kerwin has decided to shut down Pastor's Office of International Affairs.

The university's student newspaper, The Eagle, reported last week that Pastor had resigned his post in the Office of International Affairs following a decision by Kerwin to dismantle the department.

"Now that Kerwin has become permanent university president, he wants to change the international program to meet a new strategic focus," Eagle writer Jimm Phillips told WND.

WND contacted Kerwin's office to inquire about the ultimate status of Pastor's international programs after the break-up of the Office of International Affairs but received no return phone call before publication time.

Pastor explained his sabbatical to the Eagle.

"With the dismantling of the Office of International Affairs, there is, of course, no need for a vice president," Pastor told the campus paper. "President Kerwin and I both agreed that it would be helpful if I would remain until the end of the year to assure that the transition is smooth and the movement of OIA units to other parts of the campus is done properly and effectively and in a manner that could permit them to become even stronger."

Pastor admitted to the Eagle the move disappointed him.

"I personally believe that American University had set a gold standard in designing a cabinet-level position to give priority to these international programs," he said. "So, therefore, I am disappointed that the office will now be dismantled."

The Elders

Pastor told WND he planned to remain at American University after the sabbatical.

He said he has begun working as interim co-director of The Elders, a group of 13 world figures, including Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Kofi Annan and Jimmy Carter.

"I have been responsible for directing the Elders' work on conflict-resolution, with a special focus on Sudan and the Middle East with the help of some very talented and dedicated people," Pastor said. "I will continue directing this work for the next few months."

The Elders website explains the rationale for the group: "We are moving to a global village and yet we don't have our global elders. The Elders can be a group who have the trust of the world, who can speak freely, be fiercely independent and respond fast and flexibly in conflict situations."

Kerwin took over the presidency of American University on an interim basis following the dismissal of Benjamin Ladner, who was suspended in August 2005 by the university's board in a scandal looking into his alleged misuse of university funds in personal and travel expenses.

Kerwin's status was made permanent Sept. 1, becoming the school's 14th president.

In his interview with the university newspaper, Pastor admitted the controversy surrounding Ladner had been detrimental to his plans in 2005 to establish an American-style university in China.

"These issues came to a head shortly after the resignation of Dr. Ladner," Pastor told the Eagle, "and given the uncertainty within the university, after consultation with cabinet and faculty, [Kerwin] decided that AU should not go forward."

On Oct. 24, 2005, Ladner agreed to a $3.75 million departure package from American University in a deal that allowed him to resign rather than be fired. Ladner's request for a $6 million termination package had been rejected by the university board, which voted to fire him "for cause" if he did not accept the lower offer.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=59853
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

WND confirmed, however, that university President Neil Kerwin has decided to shut down Pastor's Office of International Affairs.
    Ha! See ya! DLTDHYOTWO.

Boo-frickin'-hoo.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This article just made my day.

Nelson Mandela, Desmond Tutu, Kofi Annan, Jimmy Carter and Robert Paster.

Geese, all of my favorite people. NOT

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the words of the Great Donald Trump

"YOUR FIRED"

This way to the exit and your grand plan to dismember America.

Someone take away this Jack A$$'s pass port. His presence will be required during all of the investigations and his Jury trial
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Airborne Sapper, I second that! Now why doesn't Pastor take a sabbatical in say, Nueva Laredo? You know, some place where lots of Americans have been kidnapped and killed?

We need a 'watch group' for all universities . They are teaching our kids to dispise their nation ,heritage and culture .

My granddaughter wanted to go to some university in Ca. I told her mother she should not send her that far away and the school was liberal . Thank goodnes she listened to me . She is attending a college near home for her last couple years . I tell my grandkids they should be proud of their nation, heritage and culture . We are not perfect, but in comparison to most nations we are close . We need to protect this nation because lots of negative changes are happening .

Quote Originally Posted by NOamNASTY
    We need a 'watch group' for all universities . They are teaching our kids to dispise their nation ,heritage and culture .

My granddaughter wanted to go to some university in Ca.
    At UC Santa Barbara (birthplace of Mecha) they have a PHD degree in Chicano Studies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

My granddaughter wanted to go to some university in Ca.
    At UC Santa Barbara (birthplace of Mecha) they have a PHD degree in Chicano Studies!

I think they have them at most schools. I was involved in fighting for workers rights [ won't say how ] and I personally went to a few campuses to pass out flyers I had made up . The dumbed down young adults don't have a clue, their brainweashing is complete .

These are our future leaders, even more so messed up than the ones we have now in some ways . Our higher learning is not what it use to be .

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    I think they have them at most schools. .
    Only UCSB has a PhD degree in it, at other schools it is only a bachelors or associates.

We have to get rid of each and every one of these NWO and Bilderberg's members.
    His resignation was a blessing to US

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast