Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DarthIllegal wrote,
    Kathyet, I don't know if you are aware, but a MUSLIM group successfully had an episode of South Park censored recently that depicted mohammed.
    DarthIllegal, the answer to your dilemma is simple. Gather enough people to buy the studios and the station frequency, air space, and infrastructure, and watch what you wish. Til then you will be subjugated to view what is paid for by advertisers. Their interests will trump yours. Profits and motives above the individuals interests...........Gotcha! (the "Gotcha" was in the sense of the third party.)

Perhaps a DVD player will serve the same result. Buy the movies or viewing you wish and give up on the cable or satellite with the generated advertiser's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthIllegal
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyet
    Well I guess you two don't want to sign the petition....that is your choice....turning off your TV is just as good..

So you can call and tell them you support them but it is wrong for any of us who don't to be complaining when Comedy Central degrades our beliefs or sensibilities, that's interesting....What amazes me is though, is that things get changed very quickly and with out fan fare when any other faith gets mocked and complains. Is this a double standard here it appears so.... Hey I feel what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander......

Personally I don't care what you do or don't do. I could care less if your religious or not. I was not professing religion here. Sorry but when I see something that is as degrading to me as that trashy skit...I will speak up and bring the information here for people to view and make up their own minds on....

Since this is an update on the story many must feel the same since they decided to take it off.....

Kathyet
    Kathyet, I don't know if you are aware, but a MUSLIM group successfully had an episode of South Park censored recently that depicted mohammed.

‘South Park’ Episode Altered After Muslim Group’s Warning
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/23/arts/ ... 3park.html

Listen, I don't care what religion you are, you have the FREEDOM to do so, but when YOUR beliefs begin to interfere with MY freedom this is where I start to have a problem. I want to watch this show. How is it fair to me? Do you now see how you are being like the muslims? Again, instead of taking away my choice to watch a show, change the station. Do you guys see my point at all whatsoever?
    [/quote]

I totally get your point. I don't understand why churches get into politics or why stupid shows and cartoons insist on offending someone's religion or thier God. They should just not go there. I stopped watching most tv months ago. Thats my boycott. Unfortunately the rest of my family still does. However, if enough of us make a choice not to watch a show - it will get canceled and your choice will be taken away anyway...

When I was younger, I used to see stickers (mostly on VW busses, Subarus and Volvos) that said "Shoot your TV" or something to that effect. I thought it was kinda "hippy" sounding, but now i see thier point! Most of the shows I see now are just trashy anyway. Personally I could do without any tv just fine. The last few months have proven that for me.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I guess you two don't want to sign the petition....that is your choice....turning off your TV is just as good..

So you can call and tell them you support them but it is wrong for any of us who don't to be complaining when Comedy Central degrades our beliefs or sensibilities, that's interesting....What amazes me is though, is that things get changed very quickly and with out fan fare when any other faith gets mocked and complains. Is this a double standard here it appears so.... Hey I feel what is good for the Goose is good for the Gander......

Personally I don't care what you do or don't do. I could care less if your religious or not. I was not professing religion here. Sorry but when I see something that is as degrading to me as that trashy skit...I will speak up and bring the information here for people to view and make up their own minds on....

Since this is an update on the story many must feel the same since they decided to take it off.....

Kathyet

Listen, I don't care what religion you are, you have the FREEDOM to do so, but when YOUR beliefs begin to interfere with MY freedom this is where I start to have a problem. I want to watch this show. How is it fair to me? Do you now see how you are being like the muslims? Again, instead of taking away my choice to watch a show, change the station. Do you guys see my point at all whatsoever?
    [/quote]

Oh I do see your point. I think for far to long we have all let a lot of things slide while others have imposed their censorship on us all. Now look where it has gotten us, it has gotten to the point where we let others to the dictating. Yes I do know that the Muslims complained to get something they didn't like taken off, that is why I decided to complain when I found something offensive to me.

It really had nothing to do for me with religion at all it was just offensive to me. I usually do not take offense to many things but my feeling was, If they can complain well so can I, and millions more like me apparently thought the same thing. Too many of us for too long have been too quiet about a lot of things......

If you want to view it, it probably is still on line for you to see the link is above I think.......

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Kathyet

I totally get your point. I don't understand why churches get into politics or why stupid shows and cartoons insist on offending someone's religion or thier God. They should just not go there. I stopped watching most tv months ago. Thats my boycott. Unfortunately the rest of my family still does. However, if enough of us make a choice not to watch a show - it will get canceled and your choice will be taken away anyway...

When I was younger, I used to see stickers (mostly on VW busses, Subarus and Volvos) that said "Shoot your TV" or something to that effect. I thought it was kinda "hippy" sounding, but now i see thier point! Most of the shows I see now are just trashy anyway. Personally I could do without any tv just fine. The last few months have proven that for me.[/quote]

You're right! I wish I could go Elvis on a few TV's. I think reality tv has ruined tv personally. It's geared toward the hipsters that has an attention span of a monkey on LSD. Personally, I don't see the show lasting long anyway. I would just like to see what it is like. When it gets canceled, no big deal. But again, it's not fair that a few people can determine my freedom to watch something.
    Don't think about all the things you fear, just be glad you're here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12