Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

URGENT Obama banning our guns FOR MEXICO!!

The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

Mexican government officials have complained that the availability of sophisticated guns from the United States have emboldened drug traffickers to fight over access routes into the U.S.

A State Department travel warning issued Feb. 20, 2009, reflected government concerns about the violence.

"Some recent Mexican army and police confrontations with drug cartels have resembled small-unit combat, with cartels employing automatic weapons and grenades," the warning said. "Large firefights have taken place in many towns and cities across Mexico, but most recently in northern Mexico, including Tijuana, Chihuahua City and Ciudad Juarez."

At the news conference today, Holder described his discussions with his Mexican counterpart about the recent spike in violence.

"I met yesterday with Attorney General Medina Mora of Mexico, and we discussed the unprecedented levels of violence his country is facing because of their enforcement efforts," he said.

Holder declined to offer any time frame for the reimplementation of the assault weapons ban, however.

"It's something, as I said, that the president talked about during the campaign," he said. "There are obviously a number of things that are -- that have been taking up a substantial amount of his time, and so, I'm not sure exactly what the

In a brief interview with ABC News, Wayne LaPierre, president of the National Rifle Association, said, "I think there are a lot of Democrats on Capitol Hill cringing at Eric Holder's comments right now."

During his confirmation hearing, Holder told the Senate Judiciary Committee about other gun control measures the Obama administration may consider.

"I think closing the gun show loophole, the banning of cop-killer bullets and I also think that making the assault weapons ban permanent, would be something that would be permitted under Heller," Holder said, referring to the Supreme Court ruling in Washington, D.C. v. Heller, which asserted the Second Amendment as an individual's right to own a weapon.

The Assault Weapons Ban signed into law by President Clinton in 1994 banned 19 types of semi-automatic military-style guns and ammunition clips with more than 10 rounds.

"A semi-automatic is a quintessential self-defense firearm owned by American citizens in this country," LaPierre said. "I think it is clearly covered under Heller and it's clearly, I think, protected by the Constitution."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Stealing our liberty as fast as he can. Obamas a disgrace and a threat to liberty.

Obama is on course to be hated.

When Mexico says jump, Obama says how high. I think O's priorities are out of whack.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

Help States Suceed and Unify. Support Sovereignty.

Obama is the great Washington Puppet Master, does anyone know who is pulling his real strings? He sponsors so many "special Interest" groups as was demonstrated byhis Stimulus debt to us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh yeah like a gun ban is going to stop the criminals? Last I checked, criminals don't follow laws.
    "

Assault weapons are fully automatic, this is to prevent Americans from using military ammunition.

This type of ban already exists in California, the gun manufacturers have gotten around it by not having a removable magazine, instead you break the gun open and install ammo on a stripper clip into a fixed magazine. In other words you essentially have the same gun it's just loaded differently. But it does prevent civilians from using military magazines, it seems that is what they wanted.

Re: Help States Suceed and Unify. Support Sovereignty.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    Obama is the great Washington Puppet Master, does anyone know who is pulling his real strings?
    Nancy Pelosi
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

I am beginning to suspect that the agenda is to eliminate Second amendment rights per the UN agenda 21 and Mexico's problem is just an excuse.

Lately. the news has been reporting on the "problem" that Mexico is facing because of the automatic weapns that the cartels are getting from the US. This could be caused by a problem of port security in this country.

We hear of all of the AK47's being shipped from the US to Mexico and I think this is interesting considering the AK47 was a Russian design and these are the places that it was and is manufactured. So why is it a US item?

Poland
    State Armory in Radom
    Lucznik in Radom

East Germany/DDR
    Suhl factory
    Ernst Thaelmann VEB

RPC/ChinaPolytech
    Norinco / North China Industries

Bulgaria
    Arsenal

Romania
    Cugir Arsenal
    Sadu Arsenal

Russia
    Izhevsk factory
    Tula arsenal
    Polyany arsenal

Russian ammunition manufacturers
    Vympel Enterprise profile. = Golden Tiger
    The Tula Cartridge Works = Wolf
    Klimovsk
    Barnaul = Barnaul-RAM-Monarch - Bear
    Ulyanovsk =Ulyanovsk-Sapsan - Bear
    Novosibirsk LVE Plant Plc

Mexico had developed and is is manufacturing their own assault rifles. The Germans are saying that the Mexicans stole the design of the autimatic weapon that they were in an agreement with Mexico to produce.
    http://mexidata.info/id1289.html

I found this quote from an article very interesting. the link to the full article is below.
    (SEC) "The alarming figures about crimes committed by the underworld in Mexico, which overall since Dec. 1, 2006 to date surpass 4,800 executions, demonstrate that in the country organized crime, the guerilla and narcotraffic have in their hands as many weapons as the national government.
    The main clandestine entry of weapons into the country is done through the northern border and the Pacific, originating from the big American firms and from China, where there is no control for the transfer of weapons produced by their five gigantic firearms industries factories. For Georgina Sanchez, a researcher with the Latin American Social Sciences (â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn