Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

US Cost of Living Hits Record, Passing Pre-Crisis High

US Cost of Living Hits Record, Passing Pre-Crisis High

Published: Thursday, 17 Mar 2011 | 4:09 PM ET
    By: John Melloy
    Executive Producer, Fast Money

One would think that after the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, Americans could at least catch a break for a while with deflationary forces keeping the cost of living relatively low. That’s not the case.

A special index created by the Labor Department to measure the actual cost of living for Americans hit a record high in February, according to data released Thursday, surpassing the old high in July 2008. The Chained Consumer Price Index, released along with the more widely-watched CPI, increased 0.5 percent to 127.4, from 126.8 in January. In July 2008, just as the housing crisis was tightening its grip, the Chained Consumer Price Index hit its previous record of 126.9.

“The Federal Reserve continues to focus on the rate of change in inflation,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think ya all are trying to fool me here with all these fancy charts and graphs........

See my Gov't told me that there has been no raise in the cost of living and therefore are not going to increase my monthly ssdi payments.

Besides that it is good exercise to get out and go to the food bank a few times a month.
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

Hyper-inflation is coming. A loaf of bread is gonna cost $500.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke