Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: US moves 100 caskets to DMZ for service members’ remains from North Korea

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    Who knows? High ranking military officers have misled Presidents and We The People in the past. What I see is a lot of confusion. The President in not on the scene to personally witness what is happening. What I read is 100 caskets were moved to the DMZ. One might assume that is because there were remains being delivered. In another article I read "North Korea and the United States held a general-level meeting at Panmunjom on July 15 to discuss sending back the remains of U.S. soldiers killed in the Korean War." It appears that arrangements have not been made yet. So the claim the NK has not honored the commitment are bogus.

My guess is those remains have not been stored in a warehouse for close to 70 years. They probably have to be exhumed. But the way the media critical of President Trump portray it, the remains would be turned over the day after the summit!
    There is also the issue of who is American and who is someone else. One article I read said there were 200 "American and allied forces" remains, so all 200 may not be Americans, not sure how they figure that out, maybe by the artifacts they found with the bodies. It's such a sad thing, it's unbearable for me to see any American degrading this whole monumental effort trying to claim the President who is responsible for getting them back "lied". It's disgusting.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    There is also the issue of who is American and who is someone else. One article I read said there were 200 "American and allied forces" remains, so all 200 may not be Americans, not sure how they figure that out, maybe by the artifacts they found with the bodies. It's such a sad thing, it's unbearable for me to see any American degrading this whole monumental effort trying to claim the President who is responsible for getting them back "lied". It's disgusting.
    The only person degrading this monumental effort is the President when he stated ---"We got back... TODAY, already 200 have been sent back". That was disrespectful to the fallen soldiers and to their families.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

There's no family with fallen soldiers in North Korea feeling "disrespected" by anything Trump has said or done. Oh wait, is that your new angle? Trying to alienate the Armed Forces from their Commander-In-Chief? Wow, there is no low too low for you is there? Trump won, get over it.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There is also the issue of who is American and who is someone else. One article I read said there were 200 "American and allied forces" remains, so all 200 may not be Americans, not sure how they figure that out, maybe by the artifacts they found with the bodies.
    Chances are North Korea doesn't have the resources available to determine who belongs to who beyond their own countrymen. So all will probably be sent the the U.S. to be sorted by DNA.

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvaders View Post
    The only person degrading this monumental effort is the President when he stated ---"We got back... TODAY, already 200 have been sent back". That was disrespectful to the fallen soldiers and to their families.
    No, the disrespect has been continuing for the last 60 plus years under a variety of Presidents. While President Trump may stumble, he continues to plow on in the right direction. Those families of those fallen have hope that they have had in almost 70 years.

MW
    There's no family with fallen soldiers in North Korea feeling "disrespected" by anything Trump has said or done. Oh wait, is that your new angle? Trying to alienate the Armed Forces from their Commander-In-Chief? Wow, there is no low too low for you is there? Trump won, get over it.
    What in the world, that was just rude. Someone makes a comment you disagree with and all of the sudden they have an "angle" and are a lowlife Trump hater? I don't see how you got all of that out of this:

Yes, it is disrespectful to announce publicly that we have 200 remains of military member that fought in Korea that we actually don't have. Yes, family members are listening and such a statement could give them false hope. Trump's comment was more about himself (boasting) than it was about anything else.

Those of us riding in the back of the Trump train aren't blinded by the black smoke bellowing out from the locomotive. However, we are still on the train. That's something you need to think about before bringing the fangs and claws out against a fellow ALIPAC member.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jtdc View Post
    No, the disrespect has been continuing for the last 60 plus years under a variety of Presidents. While President Trump may stumble, he continues to plow on in the right direction. Those families of those fallen have hope that they have had in almost 70 years.
    Exactly!! I saw a family interviewed on Fox News tonight, who lost a loved one in North Korea who was left behind, and they support this President 100% in his efforts to get them back home. Lovely older couple. I don't get or appreciate the criticism of this President who is doing the right things to end this war, negotiate a peace agreement, bring our fallen home, end denuclearization, give South Koreans and Japan peace and security in their region, and rejoin Korean families.

There is so much at stake, so much good to come, I just don't understand anyone, let alone an American, who would be working in any way to disrupt or discredit this very precarious but monumental effort to achieve all of this by criticizing the President.

It's mind-boggling.
    Last edited by Judy; 07-21-2018 at 02:13 AM.

MW, this is an Other Topics part of our forum where we post about and discuss other non-immigration issues. As such, I along with others, post many articles about many different topics. I'm personally very interested in trade issues, tax issues, and peace/war issues, so I post these articles, as well as some human interest stories and once in awhile some articles on the Russia Hoax. As a result, because these issues are largely either about the President or areas that are largely his responsibility, he is the subject of the story.

It doesn't matter to me whether someone who comments voted for Trump, likes Trump, voted for someone else or hates Trump. I have personal friends and family members in all groups. I do not know you or anything about you. So I respond to your words, your posts. If you want to think of yourself as being on the Trump Train for some reason, that's fine. It makes no difference to me whether you are or not, and never did.

I supported Trump as a candidate, voted for him in the primary and general election and support him 120% today because of his agenda and the work he is doing to fix our country. My personal view is that when our President is on a mission of international affairs, pushing for and working towards a goal through diplomacy using negotiations and strategies with other countries to promote our peace, security and prosperity at home, then Americans who support those goals should support the President in those venues because failure to do so weakens his ability to accomplish his goal by empowering our enemies like North Korea or an adversary like Russia or competitors like Canada, Mexico, EU and China to believe they don't have to come around because the President doesn't have the support at home to deliver the consequences.

In Asia they call it a Paper Tiger. In Texas, they call it "Hat, No Cattle". In Mexico they call it "Racist", in Canada and the EU, they call it "Bluster". The DemoQuacks call it "Treason" and the Never-Trumpers call the condition they create "Weakness".

The odds of our President succeeding depend on the power and strength of the support he has from the American People, because he represents US. If we are not united behind him to achieve the goals of his Agenda, then it will be much more difficult for him to achieve it. Some Presidents fail because they didn't try, some fail because they don't know what to do, some fail for reasons and events beyond their control, some fail for lack of funding or Congressional support, and some fail because not enough Americans supported the goal.

If you want a peace agreement in North Korea that includes denuclearization and a new and improved relationship agreement with Russia, then you should support the President instead of trying to discredit him. If you don't want such agreements, then carry on. But please don't insult my intelligence by claiming you want these things while discrediting the person you expect to deliver them.

There's no family with fallen soldiers in North Korea feeling "disrespected" by anything Trump has said or done.

and you state that like it is fact. Do you know every family with fallen from North Korea? and do you know they were not upset or felt disrespected with that announcement?

It appears to me that if anyone is trying to alienate the Armed Forces from the CIC, it would be Trump with his lie about the fallen being on their way back. Yet, you pass that blame to me and tell me I have reached a new low.

I will say this, it is due to actions from both Trump and his merry band of cheerleaders, like the above that some of us are running---not walking away from the Republican Party.
    You've got to Stand for Something or You'll Fall for Anything

That's your choice! Gotta run, Kavanaugh swearing in ceremony is on and I don't want to miss it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12