A United States Senators Response to a members letter about the NY Mosque....Outrageous!!

July 9, 2010 at 5:35pm

A member sent this letter to me...Please read and let's give her a piece of our mind on the separation issue that is not the intent of that statement!! Also let her know what we think of Cordoba and what it really means! This is an insult!

Dear Darla. I wrote to my senator, Barbara Mikulski, expressing my opposition to the mosque which is being pushed forward at Ground Zero. Here is the entirety of her response by email:

Dear XXXXXXXX:
Thank you for getting in touch with me about plans to build a mosque in New York City. It's nice to hear from you.

On May 25, 2010, a New York City community board voted to support a plan to build a mosque and Muslim cultural center near Ground Zero. The Manhattan Community Board also approved plans for the Cordoba House to include a performing arts center, swimming pool, culinary school and
child care facilities.

I believe that America must work to foster better understanding between our culture and the Muslim world. We need to build communities both here and abroad that think globally and encourage citizens to experience different cultures. Our nation has benefitted greatly from the free exchange of ideas.

I want you to know that I am fully supportive of the separation of church and state. The government should have absolutely no say in what religion people choose to practice, as long as they practice it without jeopardizing anyone else's rights.

I am also fully supportive of the right of all Americans to worship as they choose. This right is guaranteed by the First Amendment to the Constitution, and I'll fight to protect it.

Again, thanks for contacting me. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in the future.

Sincerely,
Barbara A. Mikulski
United States Senator

Again, please visit my Webform at http://mikulski.senate.gov/Contact/contact.cfm

From Member to me

So, it's OK if they insult the families of the innocent who were killed on 9/11 because they are going to build a swimming pool. I cannot express my outrage sufficiently, but will respond at her website. I would also appreciate it if you would help to expose the outrageousness of her response.

Thanks--XXXXXXXXXX

So here is what I think ResistNet Team...Let's blast her office with calls and emails and let her know what we think about this. What do you say?

I say YES!!!
Darla

Mikulski, Barbara A. - (D - MD)
Class III
503 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
(202) 224-4654
Web Form: mikulski.senate.gov/Contact/contact.cfm

Baltimore office at (410) 962-4510.

Please feel free to contact me by phone if your issue is time-sensitive. If this is a personal matter with a federal agency, I ask that you call my Baltimore office at (410) 962-4510. If you want to voice your opinion on a piece of legislation you can reach me at my Washington office at (202) 224-4654.

Shut down her phone lines, fill her inboxes...!!

http://www.resistnet.com/forum/topic/sh ... hare_topic