Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Usurper holds Oval office

This is a WorldNetDaily printer-friendly version of the article which follows.
    To view this item online, visit http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=185713

Sunday, August 01, 2010

WorldNetDaily Exclusive
    Candidate for Congress: 'Usurper' holds Oval Office
    But impeachment not solution, since 'that would imply he held seat in valid manner'

Posted: July 31, 2010
    1:00 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh

WorldNetDaily
    A candidate for Congress in New York's 2nd District, a seat now held by Democrat Steve Israel, says there is a "usurper" in the Oval Office and impeachment isn't the solution since "that would imply that he held the seat in a valid manner in the first place."
    The comments by Constitution Party candidate Anthony Tolda were reported on a blog calling on Obama to release his records.
    "For our Constitution to continue to exist much longer Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetoro must be removed from office," the candidate's statement said. "I would not seek to impeach him, as that would imply that he held the seat in a valid manner in the first place."
    Tolda's speech was captured in two segments on video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ncGEVtG ... r_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xpePV0i ... r_embedded
    In it, he references the "usurper" in the office of the president.
    But the blog expands on that, noting that Tolda was asked specifically about Obama's eligibility to be president.
    The candidate responded, "There is a process to remove seat holders that are not able to legally hold a seat. Until now the highest seat that was removed from the holder in this manner is a seat(s) in the U.S. Senate.
    "I will seek to begin this process as soon as I am sworn in. Although I do not intend to pursue an impeachment, I would assist in any efforts started by others in office to impeach. Only so long as I can verify that it would not nullify my plans for the annulment-type removal that has been used on senators unfit to legally hold office in the past," he said.
    He also pleaded for help with his campaign to take on the leading candidate in the race, Israel.
    (Story continues below)
    Tolda is just the latest in a long list of prominent individuals and leaders who have posed similar questions.
    Indiana congressional candidate Marvin Scott
    Indiana congressional candidate Marvin Scott was responding to call-in questions from campaign supporters recently when he was confronted with a question about his position on the eligibility issue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfMNZqr ... r_embedded
    Scott, who is challenging Democrat incumbent Andre Carson, said, "Certainly, we have a right to know as citizens of this country. And that particular question has to be vetted over and over again to assure the public that the people who are representing us are fair and have ascended to that particular position because they have met all of the requirements, and therefore they are entitled to by a vote of the populace to be there."
    Scott has been a professor of sociology at Butler University for nearly 20 years and for nine years was president of a management-consulting firm.
    He's served as a consultant to public schools, colleges, universities and federal courts. His website explains he's running for the House of Representatives because Republicans have a "long and rich history with basic principles: Individuals, not government, can make the best decisions; all people are entitled to equal rights; and decisions are best made close to home."
    Sen. David Vitter, R-La.
    Louisiana's Vitter says the dispute over Barack Obama's eligibility to be president should be resolved in court.
    "I support conservative legal organizations and others who would bring that to court," Vitter said, according to an Associated Press report citing a video of the event.
    It's also significant that the AP reported on Vitter's comments. The news wire has stated the president's "birth certificate" has been made public even though the image of the document posted online actually is a "certification of live birth," which was available to those not born in Hawaii.
    Want to help find out the real answers? Join others in supporting the national billboard campaign that asks the simple question, "Where's the birth certificate?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBMQO-Yk ... r_embedded
    Vitter was responding to a constituent Sunday at a town-hall meeting in Metairie, La., who asked about Obama's "refusal to produce" a birth certificate.
    The AP reported the crowd applauded the question.
    Vitter said he didn't have personal "standing" for litigation. But he said he supports the efforts to bring the question to court.
    "I think that is the valid and most possibly effective grounds to do it," he said.
    He said "first and foremost" Americans need to "fight the Obama agenda at the ballot box starting this fall."
    Vitter said, according to the AP report, that the matters of the nation are too important to be diverted by distractions.
    U.S. Rep. Steve King
    U.S. Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, appears to have suggested he's not entirely satisfied that all the questions about President Obama's eligibility have been answered fully.
    The issue came up as he talked about the national debt in a recent address in Congress, televised by C-SPAN and posted on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV9-bgSr ... r_embedded
    The congressman referred to the estimated $44,000 that each child born in the United States owes at the moment of birth as his or her part of the federal debt.
    "We worry about them carrying a student-loan debt … maybe $40,000 in student loans," he said. "We'll, I'd be happy to take that $40,000 loan and a guarantee of a college degree and think that child could pay that off."
    But for the $44,000 in federal debt obligations, all the individual gets is access to citizenship in the United States of America, he said.
    "Little baby with ink on their foot, stamped right there on the birth certificate – there's one in this country we haven't seen," he said. "But the footprints on those we have seen. Those little babies owe Uncle Sam $44,000."
    U.S. Rep. Bob Inglis, R-S.C.
    Rep. Bob Inglis, R-S.C., said Obama was born "not in Hawaii." He gave the answer during a tongue-in-cheek "interview" on the satirical Colbert Nation show.

Inglis was being grilled about whether he was a conservative.
    "Are you conservative enough for the 4th District?" Stephen Colbert asked.
    "I sure hope so," Inglis responded.
    Inglis noted he had been endorsed by the National Rifle Association and the Christian Coalition.
    Then Colbert said, "Complete this sentence. 'Barack Obama was born in ...'"
    "Oh," said Inglis, "Not Hawaii."
    Champaign, Ill., mayor Gerald Schweighart
    A few weeks earlier, the mayor of Champaign, Ill., Gerald Schweighart, said Obama should produce his birth certificate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC4LBdSn ... r_embedded
    The mayor was asked about Obama and responded he doesn't think he's "American."
    "If you are not willing to produce an original birth certificate, then you've got something to hide," he said. "If he doesn't have something to hide, produce it."
    Others raising questions are Tennessee state Senate speaker Ron Ramsey, Hawaii state Sen. Will Espero, Oklahoma state Rep. Mike Ritze, U.S. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., and many others with similar questions.
    Ramsey said, "I don't know whether President Obama is a citizen of the United States or not. I don't know what the whole deal is there."
    But Ramsey also said he doesn't believe citizens are concerned about Obama's citizenship status.
    "But I'm going to tell you something," he said. "When you walk out on the street down here, people don't really care about this issue."
    There also have been efforts to raise the question of Obama's eligibility at the state and national levels. Several state legislatures are working on proposals that would require presidential candidates to submit proof of their eligibility. Among the states where election qualification or eligibility requirements are being considered or developed include Oklahoma, Arizona, Georgia, Indiana, Virginia and New York.
    Hawaii state Sen. Will Espero
    Hawaii state Sen. Will Espero, a Democrat, has suggested that legislation could be adopted to release Obama's birth records and satisfy critics.
    While Espero said he believes Obama was born in Hawaii, he explained, "My decision to file the legislation was primarily a result of the fuss over President Obama's birth records and the lingering questions."
    Oklahoma state Rep. Mike Ritze
    Oklahoma state Rep. Mike Ritze sponsored a proposal to demand eligibility documentation from candidates for political office, including the president. Ritze, who says he regularly gets questions from his constituents about Obama's eligibility, said an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" on the issues of candidate qualifications and eligibility.
    U.S. Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla.
    In March 2009, Rep. Bill Posey, R-Fla., proposed H.R. 1503, known as the Presidential Eligibility Act. It is still pending in a House committee and has nearly a dozen co-sponsors, including Reps. Dan Burton, R-Ind.; Ted Poe, R-Texas; Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn.; John Campbell, R-Calif.; John R. Carter, R-Texas; John Culberson, R-Texas; Bob Goodlatte, R-Va.; Randy Neugebauer, R-Texas; Trent Franks, R-Ariz.; Louie Gohmert, R-Texas; and Kenny Marchant, R-Texas.
    The measure seeks to "amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to require the principal campaign committee of a candidate for election to the office of President to include with the committee's statement of organization a copy of the candidate's birth certificate … to establish that the candidate meets the qualifications for eligibility to the Office of President under the Constitution."
    Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen
    Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen, R-Snowflake, said the controversy over Obama and his birth certificate has raised questions.
    "It just makes sense and will stop any controversy in the future to just show you are a natural born citizen," she told the Arizona Capitol Times.
    Arizona state Rep. Judy Burges
    Arizona state Rep. Judy Burges, R-Skull Valley, told WND she has been getting questions from other states about H. 2442, a proposal she sponsored to require future presidential candidates to show they are qualified under the U.S. Constitution's demand for a "natural born citizen." The bill is co-sponsored by some three dozen lawmakers who also want state officials to independently verify the accuracy of documentation.
    U.S. Rep. Nathan Deal, R-Ga.
    Rep. Nathan Deal, R-Ga., sent a Dec. 10 letter to the White House formally requesting that President Obama address questions about his place of birth – and thus, whether he is qualified to be president. Deal, who is running for governor, said several months ago he would ask Obama to prove his eligibility.
    "I have looked at the documentation that is publicly available, and it leaves many things to be desired," Deal said in November.
    Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin
    Even Sarah Palin, former vice-presidential candidate and best-selling author, affirmed that questions about Barack Obama's eligibility for office are legitimate.
    "I think it's a fair question, just like I think past association and past voting records – all of that is fair game," Palin said. "The McCain-Palin campaign didn't do a good enough job in that area."
    Former House majority leader Tom DeLay
    In October, former House majority leader Tom DeLay offered his views on Obama's birth, saying, "Why wouldn't the president of the United States show the American people his birth certificate? You have to show a birth certificate to play Little League baseball. It's a question that should be answered. It's in the Constitution that you have to be a natural born citizen of the United States to be president."
    U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo.
    Asked whether he believes Obama is eligible to be president, U.S. Rep. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., said, "What I don't know is why the president cannot produce a birth certificate. I don't know anyone else who can't produce one. I think that's a legitimate question."
    U.S. Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz.
    U.S. Rep. Trent Franks, R-Ariz., said he believes Obama was born in the U.S., but he also said he thinks the president is trying to hide something:
    "I believe he's a natural born citizen of the United States. Therefore, even if he acts un-American and seems to go against American interests, he's still an American-born citizen," he said. "All that being said, probably Barack Obama could solve this problem and make the birthers back off by simply showing ... his long-form birth certificate."
    Because that isn't happening, "There's some other issue there."
    "I don't know what it is that he doesn't want people to see the birth certificate. I don't think it has to do with his natural-born citizenship," Franks continued. "He's spent an awful lot of money to keep people from seeing the birth certificate. ... I think it has to do with something else."
    Feminist icon Camille Paglia
    Even feminist icon Camille Paglia, a Salon.com columnist who earlier wrote about the ambiguities of President Barack Obama's birth certificate, told a National Public Radio audience that those who have questions about his eligibility actually have a point. "Yes, there were ambiguities about Obama's birth certificate that have never been satisfactorily resolved. And the embargo on Obama's educational records remains troubling," she wrote.
    New Hampshire State Rep. Laurence Rappaport
    In September, New Hampshire State Rep. Laurence Rappaport, R-Colebrook, said he was tired of telling his constituents that he's not sure of Obama's eligibility to serve as president. He met with New Hampshire's secretary of state, William Gardner, who oversees the state's elections, to demand answers.
    "Regardless of where he was born, is he a natural born citizen as required by the Constitution? I don't know the answer to that," Rappaport said. "My understanding is that … a natural born citizen had to be someone with two American parents. If that's true, his father was a Kenyan and therefore a British subject at the time. Then there's the issue: If he was born out of the country, was his mother old enough at the time to confer citizenship?
    "I expect somebody to come up with the legal answers to this," Rappaport told WND, "and so far that hasn't happened."
    Former Rep. J.D. Hayworth, R-Ariz.
    In his Jan. 26 appearance on "Hardball," former Rep. J.D. Hayworth was asked by Chris Matthews, "Are you as far right as the birthers? Are you one of those who believes that the president should have to prove that he's a citizen of the United States and not an illegal immigrant? Are you that far right?"
    Hayworth replied, "Well, gosh, we all had to bring our birth certificates to show we were who we said we were, and we were the age we said we were, to play football in youth sports. Shouldn't we know exactly that anyone who wants to run for public office is a natural-born citizen of the United States, and is who they say they are?"
    "Should the governor of Hawaii produce evidence that the president is one of us, an American?" Matthews asked. "Do you think that's a worthy pastime for the governor of Hawaii right now?"
    "No, I ... Look, I'm just saying the president should come forward with the information, that's all," said Hayworth. "Why should we depend on the governor of Hawaii?"
    A video of the interview follows:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FHW2OrQ ... r_embedded
    Prominent commentators
    A prominent array of commentators, including Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Mark Levin, Lou Dobbs, Peter Boyles and WND's Chuck Norris and Pat Boone have all said unequivocally and publicly that the Obama eligibility issue is legitimate and worthy.
    Longtime New York radio talker Lynn Samuels did the same. "We don't even know where he was born," she said. "I absolutely believe he was not born in this country."
    WND has reported on multiple legal challenges to Obama's status as a "natural born citizen." The Constitution, Article 2, Section 1, states, "No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President."
    Some of the lawsuits question whether Obama was actually born in Hawaii, as he insists. If he was born out of the country, Obama's American mother, the suits contend, was too young at the time of his birth to confer American citizenship to her son under the law at the time.
    Other challenges have focused on Obama's citizenship through his father, a Kenyan subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom at the time of his birth, thus making him a dual citizen. The cases contend the framers of the Constitution excluded dual citizens from qualifying as natural born.
    Further, others question his citizenship by virtue of his attendance in Indonesian schools during his childhood and question on what passport did he travel to Pakistan three decades ago.
    Adding fuel to the fire is Obama's persistent refusal to release documents that could provide answers and his appointment of lawyers to defend against all requests for his documentation.
    While his supporters cite an online version of a "Certification of Live Birth" from Hawaii as his birth verification, critics point out such documents actually were issued for children not born in the state.
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The certificates of live birth for children born outside of Hawaii would not state that they were born in Hawaii, they would just be a legal document for when they needed a birth certificate. Besides, the law allowing the registration of out of state births was not passed until Obama was 20 years old. My own various family records would seem to indicate that phrases certificate of live birth and birth certificate were used synonymously by at least some states.

To me, the notion that some simple revelation will end the Obama presidency is (understandable) wishful thinking. Opponents have so much more to go on: performance in office, leaked memos, etc. If jobs don't turn around pronto, this is a one-term president. America is hurting badly, and the Republicans need to come up with an electable candidate (which seems to be hard for them any more) who wouldn't be a third term for George Bush as McCain would have been. Really, what were people's choices in the last election?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Betsy Ross wrote
    Really, what were people's choices in the last election?
    Duncan Hunter and Alan Keyes. There were choices, but not ours. The Republican party and the media showed us front and center who our choices were in the debates while these two patriots were ignored with off-subject and 5th grade questions.

Palin is another McCain and Romney can't be trusted. We need fresh blood and anyone we pick will be shunned by the Republican party.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)