Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very Important Info For Ron Paul Supporters

by Devvy Kidd
    http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/becomedelegate.html

Before Ron Paul can get elected, he has to be nominated by delegates at the Republican National Convention which will take place in St. Paul, Minnesota. September 1-4, 2008.

We have to get elected as delegates to the convention. Electoral college delegates have to be constitutionalists because they elect the president by casting their vote.

Those who support Ron Paul must begin the process now of getting elected as a delegate to the convention or it's all over and the GOP faithful will get the shadow government's choice shoved down their throats - again. The power players behind the scenes will orchestrate the show and the people will be the losers - again. The same applies with getting nominated as an electoral college delegate because America got a good lesson in civics during the 2000 pretend election regarding the popular vote vs the electoral college system.

A word to the wise: if you present yourself as a supporter of Ron Paul, you will never get elected as a delegate. Wave the flag, shout power to the GOP, rah, rah, rah, get elected and then begin your campaign to get Ron Paul nominated. Now, some might say this type of stealth isn't right. Here's what's not right: back room deals and big money giving the American people no choice in these elections and anyone who thinks this isn't how the process has been working for the past century is in a state of denial.

Get together with your friends or people you know and plan your strategy now and work to get elected as a delegate. Time is quickly slipping by, every minute counts.

Several states including FL, SC and Iowa are planning to move their state Primaries to early December 2007 in order to prevent Ron Paul from garnering enough support financially and geographically. GOP Primaries are held on EVEN numbered years and it's not a mere coincidence that this change is being initiated and that Ron Paul just so happens to be running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how do I become a delegate?
    1) In order to be a delegate to conventions, you have to be a member of the GOP and register as a Republican (if applicable in your state.) I know; I know...I don't want to be part of them either but Ron Paul's sacrificing a lot too.

2) Click here to see your state delegate process with instructions.

If your state isn't listed, please contact your state Republican party: http://www.gop.com/states and ask how; They'll be more than happy to give you the specifics.

3) The 2008 Primary Process

In general, it's a step-by-step process in becoming a delegate. For example, to become a delegate in Texas (open primary state):

1. Vote in the 2008 Texas State Primary Election (March) and you are then eligible to be a delegate to your precinct, county/sd, state, and national conventions. Your convention will take place at your precinct's election day polling place within two hours after the polls close at 7:00 p.m. The time and place of your precinct convention must be posted at each poll during primary election day. Expect anywhere from one to well over 100 participants to attend.

2. At the precinct convention, attendees decide by majority vote who gets to be delegates and alternates to the county/senatorial district convention (a type of town hall meeting). Often, everyone who attends becomes a delegate to the next level. However, if a large number attend, decisions will need to be made as to who will be a delegate and who will be an alternate.

Each precinct is entitled to send to the county/SD convention one delegate and one alternate for every 25 votes, or major fraction thereof, cast for Governor Rick Perry in that precinct in the 2006 general election. In districts where the size of a convention is a problem, the ratio may be set at one delegate and alternate for every 40 votes.

The only requirement to be elected as a delegate or alternate to the county/SD convention is to have voted in the 2008 Republican primary election. It is not required to attend the precinct convention in order to be elected to the next higher level. Longtime Republicans often perform tasks for the party or candidates during Election Day, which prevents them from being able to attend. However, for those who are new to the party, attending the precinct convention will definitely increase the likelihood of being one of those elected.

3. The County / Senatorial District Convention Process

4. The State Convention Process

5. Becoming a Delegate to the National Convention

It's critical that we become delegates or all our hard work will be in vain.
    Become a delegate and we'll get to hear Dr. Ron Paul giving his Inaugural Address in 2009.

Oh hell look who their guest speaker is!!!!!!!!!

http://www.algop.org/Calendar/Detail.aspx?EventID=6778

Alabama Republican Party Summer Dinner and Meeting

Summary: Alabama Republican Party Summer Dinner with Special Guest Speaker Senator John McCain: Friday June 15, 2007

Alabama Republican Party Executive Committee Meeting: Saturday June 16, 2007

When: Friday, June 15, 2007 Saturday, June 16, 2007
    Where: Sheraton Hotel
    2101 Richard Arrington Jr Boul
    Birmingham, AL, AL 35203
    Who: Kate McCormick
    205-212-5900
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

It's amazing how people can be so blind to politicians who continually lie and enjoy sticking it to the american people. You might as well wear a sign that says "Kick me I'm a John McCain Supporter."

I think this would be somehting that we at ALIPAC could all do. It sure would help things out.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    I think this would be somehting that we at ALIPAC could all do. It sure would help things out.
    I agree! Any suggestions? Do you think there are enough Ron Paul supporters on this site? Maybe I should start another new topic and take a consensus first to see how many ALIPAC people are Ron Paul fans. (And then copy this article over again because there haven't been many views) Any thoughts?