Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Vet Faces Lawsuit For Flying American Flag

http://www.local6.com/news/16399678/detail.html

CLERMONT, Fla. -- A Central Florida war veteran faces a lawsuit for flying the American flag on a pole in his front yard.

"I don't understand why it would bring down the values of our homes by flying the American flag from a pole in my front yard," homeowner Jimmie Watkins said.

Watkins and his wife, Ria, received a final notice from the Sussex homeowners' association in Clermont that they must remove the flag or face legal action.

The former retired U.S. Navy communications officer said he refuses to back down for the American flag.

"Our people are serving today to give us freedom to do as we like here within the law of America," Watkins said. "It is my right to fly my flag from my pole and until a court of law tells me to haul that down, I will not haul it down. I think about all of the people who have served our nation and all of the lives that it's cost and all of the friends that I've lost."

Well me being me i SALUTE the veteran . But i think he may be wrong with the flag pole , just as Trump was wrong in West Palm Beach with his Garrison flag flying (that is a very big flag). I fly one from a pole on my house , no one says a word. A pole in the front yard would bring my home owners association also .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

To Many Sons and daughters and Mothers and Fathers have died for us under that Flag , and more will die for our right to exist. I wonder if that had been one of the Mexican for amnesty or Muslim religious flags or something I bet they would be to scared to say a word I hope he wins I am going to watch this one -

From the article:

The homeowner's association is not commenting about their rules. But state law said anyone can display a flag in a "respectful manner" as long as it is removable, Local 6 reported.

Why is the homeowner's association not commenting on it's rules?

As a property manager, I know that we have certain rules and policies in place, for specific reasons...most, if not all of them to ensure that the property is kept in compliance with local, county, state, and even federal housing laws.

I also know that no property is permitted to establish rules and policies which violate any laws at any level.

When someone has a question about why the rules and polcies are in place, we are obliged to answer those questions.

From the information gathered by the news station, the home owner is not violating any laws by flying his flag so I'd like to know why the HOA has taken the position it has.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

how stupid, i just saw the pictures on the channel 6 website and im not seeing anything wrong,. its not like the flag pole is 50 feet in the air or anything

Does this man live in a hispanic neighborhood? Makes me wonder.

The damn illegals can flaunt FOREIGN flags on OUR streets, and THIS patriot is being PERSECUTED for displaying OUR beloved STARS and STRIPES?!

This is exactly what happened to Rush Limbaugh at his home in Florida. This guy should give him a call and see how he won his battle.............because RUSH WON.

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    The damn illegals can flaunt FOREIGN flags on OUR streets, and THIS patriot is being PERSECUTED for displaying OUR beloved STARS and STRIPES?!
    And quite related to that is the news that Obama is calling talk radio "hate speech"; any American citizen who figures it out for themselves is labled a "hater". There was never any "diversity" at all, it was all "uniformity", the uniform takeover of the US by foreigners in defiance of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Does this man live in a hispanic neighborhood? Makes me wonder.
    It doesn't matter where he lives. He and his neighbors are in the U.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast