Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Video of La Teacher revolutionary

I am posting this as a seperate thread due to the 90 with the video.

Just got off the phone with numerous people from LA unified. It appears, they have been flooded with complaints.

I expressed my concerns on a number of issues

1) what appears to be outright racial rhetoric
    2) the terrorist tonality of his statements
    3) His myspace with a number of young latina friends on it
    4) the conversations on myspace he seems to be having with young female students

I stated that in regards to number 1, if it was a white teacher speaking against Latinos, they would be fired immediately, with boycotts in frontt of the school

to numbber 2, he appears to be advocating violence, especially to white americans

three, this is inappropriate no matter what, no contact by a 28 year old unmarried male teacher outside of school

number 4, the same.

I understand the school district has to be careful what they say........

They stated they are reviewing the video, they understand it was about 3 years ago. It was done as an individual and not as a representation of the school

They find it very hard to discipline a teacher for exercising freedom of speech on their own time

Now, my take on it, based on the tone, and of course the way they said things, but, it is my opinion on it and my feeling..so,take that for what its worth

They dont know what to do, and realize it is a fireball, they remove teh teacher, its a major headache, they dont remove the teacher, they still get a headache....the question is, which one is the lesser of two evils.

I thanked the man for his time, and reiterated that I understand and support this teachers rights, as this is america

I dont support a teacher with racist leanings, I dont support a teacher being a member and flaunting it of outright racist organizations like La Raza and Mecha

I dont support, as in his own words

" the young man speaking before me is a student"

a teacher does not have this kind of contact outside of the school time, and of course the concern of his friendships with young latina females.

and I definetly have a concern of what he is teaching children, he may follow the guidelines exactly, but the way you say things in a classroom may give a leaning one way or the other

I also called and said I do not want my tax payer dollars going to pay this man's salary and also if he is teaching "history" he needs to be fired now.

They also said that they are getting calls and emails galore but when I asked when the district was going to announce he is fired they said they could not comment.

the teacher has rights, which I support, so they cant comment on anydiscipline dierctly

the next step, and I am not sure how, is media attention....the same way the latino community would od it

Teacher Treason

The man needs to be imprisoned for inciting a HATE CRIME.

If he is not a citizen he needs to be DEPORTED

www.ELVISNIXON.com