Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Violence Soaked AFL-CIO Prez Calls Palin a McCarthyite?

Richard Trumka "violent activities … organized, orchestrated and encouraged by the leadership of this union"

Violence Soaked AFL-CIO Prez Calls Palin a McCarthyite?

By Warner Todd Huston
    Saturday, September 4, 2010

For his Labor Day weekend trick, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka leveled the charge of McCarthyism at former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. This is a bit rich from a guy with blood on his hands — and I don’t say that figuratively, either.

At a September 2 meeting sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, Trumka claimed that “Palinismâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]At a September 2 meeting sponsored by the Christian Science Monitor, Trumka claimed that “Palinismâ€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

So she gets speaking engagements and she wrote a book. Just because she is marketing her brand does not mean that she is successful at it. Maybe people listen and buy the book just out of curiosity for the trends. Personally I cannot listen to her. I just cannot bring myself to focus on her. I am embarassed for anybody who teams up with her. The mere sound of her voice just shuts down my brain instantly. I never for a minute thought that she was a serious contender for anything - just that she is an interesting phenomenon - well, interesting to some - not me. I don't mean to hurt Mrs. Palin. I am sure that some are intrigued at the opportunity she is taking to design her life and appreciate her for that. But the union man is a creep and he needs a safe target. He thinks that Mrs. Palin is the safe target and many of us will defend her for that - not because she is so great, so intellectual, such a leader or any of the things that we want and need but just because she does not deserve anything from Trumka. This Trumka is delusionally out of touch with most Americans just as Bloomberg and many of these others are. I grew up in the tri-state area and learned well the horrors of the McCarthy era. I personally knew or knew of almost all of the people and places in the movie "Reds." Later I learned that the threat was real - so perhaps the attempt was misguided, painful and disgusting but seeing the other side has taken away much of the stigma of the term McCarthyism for me anyway. Trumka is easily seen for who and what he is. Ridiculous for one.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!