Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VT: Towns urged to support Bush impeachment

http://link.toolbot.com/boston.com/55086

Towns urged to support Bush impeachment
    January 14, 2007

NEWFANE, Vt. --Dan DeWalt is hoping what he started in his small town a year ago will spread around Vermont this Town Meeting Day and eventually to the halls of Congress.

DeWalt a member of his town Select Board, got his meeting to vote last year to support a call for Congress to impeach President Bush. He said this year, people in 50 Vermont towns are circulating petitions to get the question before voters at Town Meeting, the first Tuesday in March.

"We will be barnstorming the state on this," DeWalt said. "In towns where we do not get it on the warning" -- the official agenda for the meeting -- "we will try to have it taken up under other business."

DeWalt, a musician and woodworker, saw his effort in Newfane matched by four other towns passing similar resolutions. The vote drew both praise and derision nationwide.

"What we did last year became a clarion call for towns all across the country where people were despairing of the war and the state of the Constitution," DeWalt said. "Now, there's a real possibility Vermont can get the nation's attention focused on impeachment."

DeWalt said the effort is getting support -- and expected visits to Vermont -- from Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war activist and mother of a soldier who died in Iraq, and former Rep. Elizabeth Holzman, D-N.Y. Holzman was on the House Judiciary Committee that impeached President Nixon and is the author of "The Impeachment of George W. Bush."

Anne McClaughry, interim chairwoman of the Vermont Republican Party, said Bush had done nothing to warrant impeachment.

"These people hate Bush and want to bash him," she said of the impeachment effort's backers. "Hate and contempt are bogus grounds for impeachment, and I trust Vermonters will think it through and ultimately decide for themselves that voting 'yes' on a resolution to impeach the president is unworthy."

After Bush, could we impeach Vermont, too?
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    After Bush, could we impeach Vermont, too?

They need to be impeached considering how they throw away their children to the perverts, and keep the perverts instead! What a wicked warped mentality their justice service seems to have in that state!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

TX Rep Ted Poe gave a one minute speech yesterday on Judge Cushman and the lack of punishment he gave to a child sex offender a few months back. Cushman has since stepped down. Poe called for an investigation. Regardless, where are the Vermont legislators. Why is a TEXAS legislator standing up, and no Vermonters. Not Leahy, not Sanders, not even the GOVERNOR! I think the message is clear to parents in Vermont: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    TX Rep Ted Poe gave a one minute speech yesterday on Judge Cushman and the lack of punishment he gave to a child sex offender a few months back. Cushman has since stepped down. Poe called for an investigation. Regardless, where are the Vermont legislators. Why is a TEXAS legislator standing up, and no Vermonters. Not Leahy, not Sanders, not even the GOVERNOR! I think the message is clear to parents in Vermont: GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!!!
    Now, another case in Vermont, 4 yr old raped 10 times by a man, what did the Perp get for that? He got nothing! Yes, it should be mandated that no children should be living in Vermont as it is open season on them from Predators and their paromour Judges! I am all for the impeachment of Bush, let's get real though, the people in Vermont should really consider Impeaching some of these Judges who are prostituting their services to the Predators up there!

I cannot remember what it is called, but both Vermont and Minnesota don't try to punish their criminals, they have some sort of alternate sentencing that doesn't involve jail time. Five other states are looking into the same thing, which is SCARY. Bill O'Reilly is doing a great job covering the story, especially since the Bennington Bee, the town's paper where this boy was raped, won't touch the story.

I would suggest all the illegal immigrants go and live in this state and the others who believe such as they do, and leave the rest of our states alone. I can only say if these parents let these fools get away with this, they are detestable people, and should not have the right to have children as they seem not to be protecting them to much up there in those "enlightened" states! Give me some good old Okie courts and judges who will take care of these people!