Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WA State: Illegals to lose Medicaid -cool

http://www.thenewstribune.com/331/story/398942.html

The author throws some major pro-illegal spin on this story...

Thousands to lose Medicaid

Between 3,000 and 16,000 adults in Washington state likely will lose Medicaid medical coverage next week because they can’t prove they are U.S. citizens.
    On Tuesday, Washington will start complying with federal rules that were put into place two years ago after Congress passed a law requiring Medicaid recipients and new applicants to show proof of citizenship to get coverage.

Medicaid pays for medical bills, prescription drugs and birth-related expenses mainly for the poor and the disabled. Its costs are borne roughly 50-50 by the state and federal governments.

Since July 1, 2006, the state Department of Social and Health Services has been providing medical coverage as long as applicants declare they are U.S. citizens.

However, that declaration alone is not acceptable to federal officials. Federal officials want Medicaid recipients to show a birth certificate or other document to prove both identity and citizenship.

Doug Porter, assistant DSHS secretary for Health and Recovery Services, said Thursday that state officials were hoping Congress would change its citizenship requirement, but it’s clear that won’t happen. Gov. Chris Gregoire’s administration decided when the new rule took effect that Washington would continue Medicaid coverage or initiate new coverage to applicants while DSHS workers tried to verify citizenship. The state didn’t want to disrupt services, Porter said.

A state audit pointed out in January that DSHS was not following federal regulations and that Washington might have to pay back some of the hundreds of millions of dollars the state has gotten from the federal government.

“I’m glad we’re getting to the point where we’re complying,â€

BS! They had TWO YEARS to get their proof. One phone call to any state's vital records department will get you a certified copy of your birth certificate! Citizenship papers are golden, if you have them. People who have them take very good care of them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

A big "So what" if they don't get medical care. I live on SS and I have to pay $278.00 per month for Medicare, Medicare Supplemental and Medicare D.

My SS check is 1117.00. You try it! California State isn't giving me a dime, nor do I expect it, better yet, I would never ask for it.

Don't expect me to locate tears for a bunch of freeloaders in Washington State.

I absolutely detest reading articles like this, makes me want scream and run "amuck" in the streets.

Over the past two years, a special unit of 27 DSHS workers has been assigned to helping Medicaid applicants verify their citizenship.
    Now there is an absolute waste of 27 DSHS workers!! Why does it take 27 governemnt workers to assist these people in verifying their citizenship! Verifying citizenship should take all of one minute! You can either produce a valid social security number our a birth certificate or you can't! What's the problem?

Likely, these 27 DSHS workers are instructing these people on how to creatively manipulate the system or identify loopholes that may extend their coverage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)