Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Walker, Texas Ranger Shoots For Palin, Ron Paul

Walker, Texas Ranger Shoots For Palin, Ron Paul
    By Paul Bedard

Sep 4, 2008
    Send this story via emailE-Mail Story

View a Printer-friendly version of this storyPrint Story

Read related blogs & articles about this storySphere

Text Size: A A A
    Answers.com

(US News) I talked to Chuck Norris today about his new book, Black Belt Patriotism, out next week, and he had some advice for the political and press critics of McCain running mate Sarah Palin: Back off. "Everybody needs to get off that," the star of Walker, Texas Ranger urged. "I just feel so sad for her family." Norris, who you might recall campaigned with Mike Huckabee, called Palin the real McCoy and was especially concerned about how her kids have been handled by critics and some in the media. But, he says, "that will pass" and he urged the press to turn its attention on some of the larger issues facing the nation like the national debt. "This is going to get worse."

In his book, which Whispers will have more on in Monday's magazine, he looks at eight key issues and suggests solutions, many based on how he thinks the founding fathers would have addressed them. And while he's campaigned for Republicans, even former President H.W. Bush, he doesn't take a Republican or Democratic approach. In fact, he sounds more like a populist and even writes admiringly of Ron Paul, the GOP candidate who tried to take on Washington and out of control spending in his uphill bid. "Ron Paul had some great ideas," Norris tells me. As for which candidate he's backing in the race, he didn't have much good to say about either, though he clearly likes the reform focus of the McCain-Palin ticket. His biggest complaint: Neither of the candidates appears to speak from the heart. "Right now, I don't see that" in Sen. John McCain or Sen. Barack Obama. He does in Palin, however. "I'm impressed with Sarah Palin," he says. "She speaks from the heart."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/ ... 6143.shtml
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

enough said
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Mr. Norris makes a lot of sense, as I trust neither of the major candidates.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Mr. Norris makes a lot of sense, as I trust neither of the major candidates.
    True as we all know . I'm still shocked cause he did support the Huckster , who's record as governor of AR was pretty bad . Huck loves his Illegals a little to much for me to cut him any slack
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*