Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Walmart shooting leaves 2 dead, 2 deputies hurt

1 Person Killed, 2 Deputies Hurt At Port Orchard Walmart

Posted: 3:50 pm PST January 23, 2011
    Updated: 5:06 pm PST January 23, 2011

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. -- Kitsap County Sheriff Steve Boyer says one person was killed and two deputies wounded in a shooting at a Walmart in Port Orchard.

Boyer tells the Kitsap Sun that the two deputies along with another person are being taken to a Tacoma hospital. He says the incident began about 3:45 p.m. Few details are yet known including what may have sparked the shootings.

The conditions of the wounded are not immediately available.

Live Coverage Of WalMart Shooting

A woman who said she is a customer service officer with Walmart told anchor Monique Ming Laven that the store is locked down with about 100 people inside.

A customer inside the store at the time said he heard two shots.

"It's not clear who or what happened exactly, but the store is on lockdown right now," Mike Lambert told Ming Laven by phone. "No one is allowed in or out until further notice by police."

"Everyone's just waiting to get out and see what happened. A bunch of people are just waiting at the front doors," he said.

Copyright 2011 by KIROTV.com.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/26589868/det ... gletoolbar
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What is with all this insane people with guns who are ending up killed by police. Miami Dade lost 2 officers on Thursday when a person wanted for homicide came out shooting after his mother answered the door. The shooter was killed by another officer. Earlier today 4 Detroit police officers were shot at a police station. Thank goodness none were killed. The commander was shot in the back, a female officer was saved by her bullet proof vest and 2 other officers were grazed by the bullets. The shooter in this case was also killed by police. Now this case.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

13 mins ago

PORT ORCHARD, Wash. – A shootout in front of a Walmart in Washington state left two people dead and two sheriff's deputies wounded Sunday afternoon, a sheriff's spokesman said.

One of the dead was a man who shot at deputies, said Scott Wilson of the Kitsap County Sheriff's Office. The other victim was a young woman who died after she was taken to a Tacoma hospital, he said.

Sheriff's officials said the deputies' wounds weren't expected to be life threatening.

Wilson said details were sketchy, but the sheriff's office received a call about a suspicious person at the store in Port Orchard. He said the man ran and started shooting when three deputies tried to talk to him.

The deputies, including the two who were wounded, returned fire, and the man died of his wounds in the parking lot, Wilson said.

Witness Ray Bourge told KOMO-TV that he saw a man running through the parking lot toward nearby woods, firing his gun back toward the store.

"Right behind him there was an officer chasing him, and he began to open fire," Bourge said.

Bourge said the officer was about 30 to 40 feet behind the suspect when he started firing.

"Five or six shots were fired. ... I just went and took cover," he said.

Witness Victor Meyers told KOMO-TV that he head the first shot, then six more in rapid succession.

"I heard one shot, which I thought was a car backfiring, and then several more reported back, which I knew to be gunfire," Meyers said.

He said he saw a female deputy running toward a victim on the ground before he and other witnesses were hustled from the scene.

The store was immediately locked down, and customers weren't being allowed to leave.

"No one is allowed in or out until further notice by police," customer Mike Lambert told KIRO-TV by phone from inside the store.

Wilson said no other suspects were involved in the incident, which began at about 3:45 p.m. He didn't know whether the woman and the man who were killed knew each other.

Port Orchard is about 15 miles west of Seattle across Puget Sound.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110124/ap_ ... t_shooting
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I still think there are people out there that are reaching the ends of their ropes with bad economy and many many other things going wrong in this nation. They probably feel there is nowhere to turn or get help or no matter what they do or say is helping their situations. Like cornering an animal. They will fight to get out.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I wonder if they knew each other and it was domestic related. There have been alot of women killed by ex boyfriends or ex husbands within the last six months in South Florida. There was one where the woman was killed and even the kids were shot. The oldest boy is paralyzed because he was covering his 4 year old brother. Last week we had a woman and child killed by the ex.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)