Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Watching Democrats Commit Political Suicide

Liberal notion of Social Justice, Unread Bills, Government Control

Watching Democrats Commit Political Suicide

By Alan Caruba Thursday, October 15, 2009

I don’t venture much into political prognostication. I follow politics, but not so much to comment on the day-to-day madness of Washington, D.C., but because the legislation that does get passed often has long term penalties for Americans and for our economy.

All that legislation that began so long ago that inserted the government into the mortgage loan and banking business ultimately resulted in the bubble that came close to wreaking the economy. It all stemmed from the liberal notion of “social justiceâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yep .. I think so too. Lets not blow it this time with distractions that a political party shouldn't be involved with in the first place. Lets stick to the basics and fix our country, liberty, prosperity, security.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Will they be able to get rid of these bills? What good is it going to do if they can't fix what those laws are going to do to us. We need to keep these laws from becoming laws in the first place.

The good news is that the Democrats ARE committing political suicide. I say "good news" insofar as the wacko Marxist element is concerned. The moderate Dems. have been quaking in their boots at what Obama, Reid and Pelosi are attempting to do to the country. They have the power, if they will wield it, to put a stop to the runaway Obama train. But will they? If I know politicians, at least in the traditional sense, the answer is yes. They want to preserve their own hides/careers and they see a growing anger in their constituents. Self preservation can be a good thing in this case, at least for the American people. If they don't care about self preservation, then there are other less tasteful means of returning the power to the people. In my opinion, the decision lies with the blue dogs as to whether they prefer the less fashionable tar and feathers outfit or the more tasteful business suit....if you catch my meaning.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836