Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wave of jobs protests across Europe

Wave of jobs protests across Europe

17/05 09:26 CET
    euronews

Three days of street protests against the worsening economic crisis and staggering job losses have swept across Europe. Trade unionists and the unemployed have called for governments to act, flexing their respective voter muscles ahead of local and Europe-wide elections.

In Germany, yesterday thousands marched through Berlin demanding more job protection as the country struggles with its deepest recession since World War Two. German trade unionist, Frank Bsirske was firm in his opinion that there was a clear need for worker unity.

“We workers across Europe, have the same problems. We demand the right to equal pay for equal work in the same job. We want to avoid situations where, for example, Polish salaries directly compete with German salaries…We want the right to go on strike.â€

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    And the U.S. has 14 - 22 million unemployed.

Actual U.S. Unemployment: 15.8%
    This morning's news that U.S. unemployment has hit 13.7 million, pushing the rate to 8.9 percent, tells only half the story of this recession.

The total number of Americans who are not working full-time but ought to be is actually about 22 million, or 15.8 percent, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Who are those other 8.3 million Americans? Call them the unofficially unemployed.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/econom ... id=topnews

ELE

American workers will be marching in streets here, soon.

It seems we have much in common with the European people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: American workers will be marching in streets here, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE
    It seems we have much in common with the European people.
    Yes except they had 40,000 people march in Brussels in a protest?

We need those numbers at our Tea Parties!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

WorriedAmerican wrote:
    Yes except they had 40,000 people march in Brussels in a protest?

We need those numbers at our Tea Parties!
    I really think the total number of Tea Party protestors was much more than 40,000. Most of MSM tried to downplay the numbers.

There were hundreds of Tea Parties throughout the country, most with at least 100 people, many with thousands. In Nebraska alone, we had six Tea Parties, with the largest one in Omaha, and they had at least a thousand people, might have been two thousand, but at least one thousand. I was surprised myself when I heard the attendance numbers. Nebraska is one of the smaller states in terms of population, and with fewer large metro areas.

If you figure at least 300 Tea Parties nationally, averaging 200 people per party, that is 60,000. I really think the numbers were much more than that. That is at least the minimum. Remember many Tea Parties had thousands of protestors.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I meant in one place. I know we had more counting up all the cities and towns.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Well, there's supposed to be a big tea party in DC on September 12. The 912 commission I think it is ..
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I meant in one place. I know we had more counting up all the cities and towns.
    Okay. Sorry - I wondered if thats what you meant, don't know why I didn't write that.

It probably appears better on TV, if the protestors are all in one place. It is easier for the MSM to minimize the numbers if they're spread all over the country. Wonder how they got 40,000 in Brussels, less distance to travel from several larger European cities? Hope the one Sept 12 in DC is big.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</