Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We can save a bunch of oil

If we wanted to save millions of gallons of oil, all we have to do is require all lubricants to be synthetic.
    "One Flag ... One Language ... ONE COUNTRY"....... Teddy Roosevelt

yeah your right . but our country just doesn't use comman sense .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

We also could stop using plastics--from the plastic bags at stores to plastic food containers (which IMO aren't healthy to use). Many food products are sold in plastic containers rather than glass. Don't buy plastic glasses or dishes or milk in plastic containers.

You will probably be surprised to know that a plastic bottle is made from the same petrochemical as the fiber we call polyester!

All plastic products, many of the materials used to make the clothes you wear, or the carpet you walk on, plus hundreds of the other products we take for granted, are made from petrochemicals. As the name implies, a main ingredient in petrochemicals is oil.
    http://www.priweb.org/ed/pgws/uses/plastic.html

Enforce our immigration laws.
    How many gallons of gas a week are used by illegal aliens?
    All states should deny illegal aliens driver's licenses and vehicle registrations.
    We know they drive without licenses and insurance. Illegal aliens caught driving should be deported and their vehicle seized to help pay for deportation fees.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: We can save a bunch of oil

Quote Originally Posted by justme
    If we wanted to save millions of gallons of oil, all we have to do is require all lubricants to be synthetic.
    Not a bad idea.

One thing I noticed last time I went to buy a common brand of 'regular' (non-synth) oil for my car's oil change, was that the price of synthetic oil and conventional oil were within about one dollar (per qt) of one another.

Might be a great time to switch.

...Don't forget to recycle your used oil too
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've been using synthetic oil for awhile now! Now I will be more aware of plastic.