Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Weird-Sheriff: Kansas woman sat on boyfriend's toilet for 2

Has nothing to do with immigration but is so strange and not a call one would associate with a sheriff's department..........

Sheriff: Kansas woman sat on boyfriend's toilet for 2 years; didn't want to leave bathroom

1:40 PM

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) -- Deputies say a woman in western Kansas became stuck on her boyfriend's toilet after sitting on it for two years.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,"' Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was taken to a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said of the bathroom incident. "What surprises me is, somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

LINK
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, it certainly does leave one to wonder about a few things, doesn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Both of them need a long visit to the loony bin

LOL azwreath! Yea, I would say there are a few questions that still need to be asked and answered here.

Hope it was a 2 bathroom home....being sarcastic.

That is strange.....I know my mom refused care and was constantly refusing any help from people to try and get her out of the house when she was remotly able. She never saw the light of day for 2 years herself, but she did go from room to room and the Dr. came by, people came by.....she just didn't want to leave. She was becomming so disfigured with the rheumatoid arthritis and uric acid deposits, she couldn't handle people looking at her. Then after so many falls.....just never trusted anyone to handle her anymore. Hard to argue with someone who seems to be of sound mind and is suffering enough already.

I just can't fathom a toliet.....you'd think she'd stand up occationally and move around no matter how depressed one might be.......it's sad. People think it's cruel but it's part of "human rights".....it amazed me how hospitals and mental wards release people when they aren't capable of caring for themselves.....the standards are minimul.

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    LOL azwreath! Yea, I would say there are a few questions that still need to be asked and answered here.

Like this one?

Hope it was a 2 bathroom home...........

With the exception of "What the hell.......?" , the # of baths in the house was definitely a question that first came to mind for me

Woman Who Sat on Toilet for Two Years Still 'Very Sick'

Woman Who Sat on Toilet for Two Years Still 'Very Sick'

Thursday, March 27, 2008

WICHITA, Kan. — A woman who may have spent nearly two years in a bathroom, sitting on the toilet so long that the seat adhered to sores on her body, remains hospitalized and in pain from medical procedures, family members said Wednesday.

Pam Babcock, 35, was found stuck to the toilet in late February after her boyfriend, Kory McFarren, 37, called authorities to say something was wrong with her. Police believe she sat on the toilet for about a month.

McFarren was charged last week with a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of a dependent adult.

Click here to discuss this story.

Pat Bollinger, the woman's aunt, said she calls daily to the hospital to ask how Babcock is doing and asks every day to talk to her. Babcock has agreed to talk to her only once for about 10 minutes, she said.

During that one call, Babcock spoke little and mostly listened as Bollinger recounted happy family memories — time spent swimming, camping and boating — from the year Babcock lived with them in Arizona when she was in fifth grade.

Babcock has not spoken about her bathroom ordeal, said Bollinger, the family spokeswoman.

"I didn't bring up anything," Bollinger said. "I just let her know how much I loved her and cared for her."

Babcock's relatives said that no family members have been allowed to see her at the hospital, that they know little of her medical condition and that she spends much of her time sleeping at the hospital's intensive care unit.

"Her wounds are still serious. ... She is not out of the woods by any means. She is a very sick girl," Bollinger said.

Via Christi hospital officials refused Wednesday to give an update on the woman's condition.

McFarren told authorities that Babcock feared leaving the bathroom and may not have left it in two years, although he said he was unsure how long she was in there. He said that he took her food and water daily.

He said that he repeatedly asked her to come out but that she usually replied "maybe tomorrow."

"The only thing I am guilty of is I didn't get her help sooner," McFarren told The Associated Press this month. He could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342115,00.html
    Benjamin Franklin

Boyfriend of Kansas Woman Stuck to Toilet Accused of Exposin

Boyfriend of Kansas Woman Stuck to Toilet Accused of Exposing Himself to Teen, Friends

Thursday, March 27, 2008

NESS CITY, Kan. — A man whose girlfriend sat on a toilet for so long that the seat adhered to her body has been arrested in a separate case.

Authorities say Kory McFarren was arrested Sunday for alleged lewd and lascivious behavior. He allegedly exposed himself to a neighbor's teenage daughter and her friends. He spent the night in jail before posting bond.

No charges had been filed by Thursday. The 36-year-old McFarren could not be reached for comment.

He was charged last week with a misdemeanor count of mistreatment of a dependent adult. That was after his girlfriend was found stuck to the toilet in late February.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342348,00.html
    Benjamin Franklin

The two were mentally retarded and left to take care of each other. He didnt know what to do so he gave her food and sat and talked with her. Who knows, maybe the guy was used to going to the restroom outside. It is a strange case.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)