Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

What America Would Look Like if We Made All Our Business Decisions Based on Politics

Conservative Daily

The left does NOT want to push this to its ultimate conclusion...

What America Would Look Like if We Made All Our Business Decisions Based on Politics

Hint: It wouldn't be pretty...

IJREVIEW.COM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

By Justen Charters
    20 hours ago

From Chik-Fil-A to Duck Dynasty and now Mozilla, I never thought I would see the day where people are targeting others for character assassination because they support traditional marriage.
    It is bad business to claim that because a CEO donated to Prop 8, they are unqualified to run a company. Since when did you include your political views on your resume?
    One of the founders of Bolthouse Farms donated $100,000 to Prop 8 too. Does that mean that their juice is bigoted and isn’t worthy of your refrigerator? Brandon Flowers is the lead singer for the Killers and he supports traditional marriage, does that mean he does not produce multi-platinum quality music anymore? Brad Pitt’s Mom thinks gay marriage is immoral, does it mean she doesn’t know how to raise kids?
    OK Cupid telling people to not use Mozilla because their CEO supported Prop 8 is as irrational as saying do not use Google Chrome because they openly support gay marriage. I’ve used both browsers and I do not ever recall the terms of service covering social issues. I installed my browser understanding it was a tool to access information more conveniently. Before I step foot in Home Depot, I don’t Google if any of the company’s products they sell have CEO’s or executives who support traditional marriage. The best tool in the store is still the best tool, regardless of its political affiliation.
    Can you imagine what would happen if we based where we choose to do business on a CEO’s political donations or stances? Liberals would have to stop flying Southwest Airlines, end their insurance with All State, never eat at Olive Garden and cut their Nordstrom’s cards up. Conservatives would have to stop drinking Starbucks, discontinue their Amazon membership, never go into Dick’s Sporting Goods again and find another place to shop in bulk other than Costco.
    And all both parties would be doing is creating a bigger divide and hurting the businesses they were boycotting. They do not seem to realize or maybe they just don’t care about the simple fact that when a business isn’t making a profit, they usually have to downsize and downsizing comes with layoffs and job losses (Guys, gals that’s the job of Obamacare). But at least you made your point right?
    Don’t get me wrong, I respect your right to be a Grumpy Pants. I’m grumpy too. I’m grumpy because society is establishing a standard where “You Aren’t Cool If You Aren’t Being Offended” could be a hit reality TV show. I’m grumpy because I’m told I’m a bigot if I don’t line up 100% with the activist left on what they think should be the cultural norm (And I thought it was just religious people who did that type of thing). I am grumpy because I see my generation being brainwashed by the falsehood that political correctness, and not freedom for people to choose, makes the world a better place.
    I know. I know. I am a bigot and a hate monger because I don’t see that the Mozilla CEO is really Godzilla’s twin brother set to wreak unspeakable havoc on the United States. Actually I’m just a guy who appreciates people who preach from the pulpit of tolerance to tolerate people who have different beliefs than they do.
    Now I wonder what’s on Amazon Prime…

Columnist: Americans Who Don’t Have Kids Should Pay Higher Taxes Because It’s Patriotic Or Something

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/04/1272...ased-politics/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)