Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What it means to you to be an American?

What it means to you to be an American?

Being an American means more than being born on American soil. Being American define who you are, mind, body and soul. It goes beyond nationality or race. It is a way of life going beyond Black, Anglo, Hispanic, Oriental, etc. Someone can come from a foreign country as an adult and still be more American than someone who has been here all their lives. They leave the country of the origin behind and embrace American and all it means.
    Illegal immigrants from south of the border do not embrace America and ask what can I do for American but what can America do for me. They do not leave their country behind but bring their country with them to make American more like the country they left behind. “When in America do as Americans do.” “When in Mexico do as Mexican do.” American is English, loyalty and abiding by our laws and respecting our government. Although, America is made up of many cultures, America has a culture of it’s own. Devotion to the interest of the USA. Newly born citizens of America are not taught to be American. They do not speak English even though they know how.
    My native language is not English, but English is the only language I know, the only language that is important and to my advantage to know and speak. English has gotten me places I never would have got to speaking my native language. I am not and never have been disadvantaged by not speaking my native language.

Sociologist Asks What It Means to be American

http://www.physorg.com/news64938913.html

http://issofty17.is.noda.tus.ac.jp/foru ... .php?id=50

Amen Dyhard.....unfortunatly....they just don't get it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree Dyehard39 too.

If they have no respect for our laws than it stands to reason they have no respect for our culture, language or patriotism for our country.

Legal immigrants embrace our country and it's values and want to become one of us AN AMERICAN!

The illegal aliens must leave and come the legal way.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well said, Dyehard.