Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Will It Take For True Conservatives ....

...To Support Ron Paul??

I was channel surfing today and came upon a conservative author, Richard Viguerie, who wrote "Conservatives Betrayed" speaking to an audience on Book TV.

He was speaking at FreedomFest and was discussing how Bush and co. have hijacked the Republican party. He was taking about "true conservatives" like Goldwater and how he was influenced by him because of how he took a stance against his own party,when they were wrong about issues and were allowing the govt. to get too big.

At any moment I was sure he was going to mention Ron Paul and he did. Turns out he knew RP for 30 yrs, and helped him get elected as a congressman in TX.

Anyway, he continued on and his next topic was about strategies on how to take back the Republican party. He said, "We should be looking for the next Barry Goldwater." I hear this and I start screaming at my tv, "Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Thankfully, a guy in the audience must have shouted out "What about Ron Paul?"

Viguerie responded, "I meant a top tier candidate." I was so mad I wanted to throw my shoe at the tv!

He totally did not want to respond to this guy and then said something like "the marketplace will decide this election." (well, DUH!) And despite all his glowing praises about RP - "I love RP", "he's clearly the only principled conservative out there", "I would like to see a dozen RP's out there..." etc.. it appeared he didn't want to endorse him because RP is considered a 2nd tier candidate! How foolish!! He mentioned that he was hoping Newt Gingrich would run!!

But the bottom line is that Viguerie believes that this election is basically lost for real conservatives, and that they should focus on the next 6-10 years rather than this coming election!! Ugh... We need help NOW!!! I cannot for the life of me understand this sort of logic. If you feel Ron Paul is the most principled conservative out there, SUPPORT HIM!! He won't be 2nd tier for long if more people would support by principle rather than media celebrity.

By the way, here's his website:
    http://www.conservativesbetrayed.com/

I thought this section was about immigration issues. Why do backers of various candidates keep posting their boosterism in this section and not somewhere else, such as in Other Topics, News and Issues? Maybe we need a special section for "Candidates and Measures."

Also, I may be conservative in a lot of my values, but I don't think we need a repeat of the Wall Sreet scandals or of corporate welfare, either. Does anyone realize that when the Wall Street scandals broke the US dollar declined about twenty five percent within a year? In order for people to invest in US stocks they need to be reassured that some high rollers are not going to make off with their money. I hated the yuppie era (1980's) because conspicuous wealth--including expensive foreign automobiles--became popular while many Americans, including myself, were unemployed.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This man did win the most recent straw poll against all odds. I think he's more of a player in the big circle than the media and other give him credit for.

I would vote for him. I think that Tancredo and Paul need to come together in some way. That would be powerful.

MW
    Duncan Hunter's still my man!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tom Tancredo is still my man

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I thought this section was about immigration issues. Why do backers of various candidates keep posting their boosterism in this section and not somewhere else, such as in Other Topics, News and Issues? Maybe we need a special section for "Candidates and Measures."

Also, I may be conservative in a lot of my values, but I don't think we need a repeat of the Wall Sreet scandals or of corporate welfare, either. Does anyone realize that when the Wall Street scandals broke the US dollar declined about twenty five percent within a year? In order for people to invest in US stocks they need to be reassured that some high rollers are not going to make off with their money. I hated the yuppie era (1980's) because conspicuous wealth--including expensive foreign automobiles--became popular while many Americans, including myself, were unemployed.
    I'm sorry but isn't THIS the Other Topics and News Issues section??? At least that's what it says above my "post a reply window." Someone warned me about it once before, so I try to be careful and post in the appropriate forum.

As far as the rest of what you wrote, I absolutely agree with you 100%. (And to tell you the truth, Ron Paul would too!) I was also unemployed (twice!) back in the 80's.

You should read some of Dr. Paul's articles on issues such as this. They're very informative and he is extremely knowledgable about economic issues. Then decide for yourself if he's worth supporting. Here's 1 example:

" In a free market, an underperforming or troubled company suffers a decrease in its stock price, forcing it either to improve or lose value. Wary investors hesitate to buy its stock after the price falls. If a company successfully lobbied Congress, however, it would enjoy a large investment of your tax dollars. This investment would cause an artificial increase in its stock price, deceiving private investors and unfairly harming the company's honest competition. Government-managed investment of tax dollars in the private market is a recipe for corruption and fiscal irresponsibility."

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul215.html