Quote Originally Posted by corhanem
Polls notwithstanding, Huckabee's position seems more biblically correct. "We welcome the stranger because the Savior himself was not welcomed in mainstream society," said Robert Parham, executive director of the Baptist Center for Ethics. "The whole teaching of 'no room at the inn' was about someone poor and marginalized and pushed off to a stable."
HHmm... I've spent an awful lot of time (many years -- more than 2 decades) reading the Bible. Never once did I take the stable story and see it as an allegory to poor people being shoved out of society.That takes quite a bit of twisting, and is inherently WRONG. The length these morons go to make lawlessness seem okay ... they might try actually READING the Bible before trying to interpret it.

I totally agree with you and was thinking the same thing as I was forcing myself to read this trash journalism by someone who,it appears,does not really know what the Bible says.

Seems to be making it up as she went along to fit her own racist, narrow and slanted POV..