Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

White History Month Parade Sign Called Racist & Offensive

Video at link below of the parade truck

White History Month Parade Sign Called Racist & Offensive

Posted 9 hours ago by Dave Jolly

This sign on a parade tractor was considered racist and offensive:

• White History Month: Hug Wte Ppl

None of the following are considered to be racist or offensive:

• The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
    • Black Entertainment Channel
    • Black History Month
    • Congressional Black Caucus
    • Miss Black America
    • American Association of Blacks in Energy
    • The Association of Black Psychologists
    • National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
    • National Association of Black Hotel Owners, Operators & Developers
    • National Association of Black Journalists
    • National Black Business Council, Inc.
    • National Black Chamber of Commerce
    • National Black MBA Association
    • National Black Nurses Association
    • National Council of Negro Women, Inc.
    • National Society of Black Engineers
    • National Coalition of 100 Black Women
    • United Negro College Fund
    • 100 Black Men of America
    • Organization of Black Designers

Donnie Spell, a farmer in Hope Mills, North Carolina is finding out just how intolerable people are. Every year, the small town of 15,000 residents in south-central North Carolina holds its Independence Day parade and celebration and for years, Spell has had his old tractors in the parade. This year, he was given permission to use ten old tractors in the parade, one of which would be hauling a trailer full of watermelons for sale.
    When Spell lined up for the parade, officials noticed the sign on the side of the trailer full of watermelons and asked him to remove it. They thought he had, but when Spell drove down the parade route, the sign was still draped over the side of the trailer and Spell was flying a Confederate Flag on tractor as he had done in a number of other parades.

Sure as shootin’, the town received some complaints from people that were offended by the sign, saying that it was racist and hateful. Mayor Jackie Warner knows Spell and said:
    "I think, if you talk to him, you're going to see it's not anything meant to be vicious."
    Town Manager John Ellis said they want to the keep the parade a ‘wholesome family event’, so they are taking measures to try to control such outrageously offensive racism as a simple sign promoting white history from ever being displayed in the parade ever again.

Why is it racist for a white person to promote white history, a white entertainment channel or any type of white professional organization but it’s not racist when blacks do it? White people have been forced into tolerance of blacks while blacks are allowed to be intolerant of anything white. The people that holler racism the most are usually the ones guiltiest of it. People like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson Sr are among the most racist people I’ve ever listened to and yet they are making a fortune being racist themselves.

If one ethnic group is allowed to promote their background such as the blacks, then why can’t whites, Asians, American Indians, and so on? They scream for equality, just like the gays, yet they don’t allow equality, just like the gays. Blacks want privileges that others are not allowed to have. They want preferential treatment over others.

Biblically, we’re all one race physically, the human race. We’re all descendants of Adam and Eve and of Noah and his wife. We are all related like or not. Ever since the Tower of Babel, when God dispersed mankind across the globe, we have different ethnic groups but still only one race.
    Spiritually, there are two races according to the Bible – believers in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and those who are not believers. Believers will spend eternity with Christ in heaven while unbelievers will spend eternity in hell, separated from God for all of time.

I know which race I belong to and which ethnic groups my family came from. I don’t hate the others nor am I intolerant of them. I pray for the race of unbelievers and share my hope and assurance of eternity with them. As for other ethnic groups; I consider them equal and wish they would do the same, nothing more, nothing less.

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/07/...#ixzz2YZvvd3Zg

Now come on you new this was coming didn't you?? Respect is not a one way street??
    Last edited by kathyet2; 07-09-2013 at 03:40 PM.