Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who Is CAIR? (Council on American-Islamic Relations)

Who Is CAIR?
    by Rep. Frank Wolf

06/12/2009

The following is a speech given by Rep. Frank Wolf on the House floor Friday, June 12 on the

MADAM SPEAKER, As ranking member on the Commerce-Justice-Science Appropriations subcommittee, which last week considered the FY 2010 appropriations bill, I have a keen interest in and oversight responsibility for a host of counterterrorism-related initiatives. The bill, which is expected to come before the full House next week, includes $7.7 billion to support the work of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), whose top priorities include protecting and defending the United States against terrorism and foreign intelligence threats.

The FBI was intimately involved in a 15-year investigation which culminated last fall in the Holy Land Foundation and five of its former organizers being found guilty of illegally funneling more than $12 million to the terrorist group Hamas.

A Department of Justice press release issued May 27, 2009, reported that “U.S. District Judge Jorge A. Solis sentenced the Holy Land Foundation for Relief and Development (HLF) and five of its leaders following their convictions by a federal jury in November 2008 on charges of providing material support to Hamas, a designated foreign terrorist organization.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm not done reading yet, but this piques my interest:

[i]Days after my second letter, CAIR launched a public attack against me claiming in a March 12 press release that I “abusedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="azwreath"]I'm not done reading yet, but this piques my interest:

[i]Days after my second letter, CAIR launched a public attack against me claiming in a March 12 press release that I “abusedâ€

[quote="jamesw62"][quote="azwreath"]I'm not done reading yet, but this piques my interest: