Listening to the news and hearing about another Kennedy clan member who drove while under the influence of drugs and got away with a violation that would land the rest of us in prison once again shows the sad state of this country. 35 percent of high school and college students are unable to locate geographic features on a map and they will ultimately be entrusted with our foreign affairs and trade policies. Our government flagrantly violates ethics laws it enacts and expects the rest of us to comply with. The administration and congress turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in the name of profit margins and cheap labor at the behest of fortune 500 ceo's, narco-empires and foreign potentates who support them without regard for any social and economic impact. They are selling out everything that Americans throughout the ages have defended, preserved and protected at the cost of much blood, sweat, and many tears. I spent 24 years of my life in the service of my country to include combat and have such a powerful love for my country only to see it's symbols, it's ideals and it's institutions bartered away in the name of cheap labor and profits. I have written this without a dry eye and am very depressed and disgusted. Unfortunately I don't think we have learned from previous omissions and as such we may be doomed to failure.