Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Why Is This Excited Democrat Talking About How Awesome It Is That ObamaCare Cuts Hour

Conservative Daily

Do some Democrats think we don't understand reality?

You have to see how incredibly absurd this argument is...
    Why Is This Excited Democrat Talking About How Awesome It Is That ObamaCare Cuts Hours?

Bubba Atkinson | On 14, Feb 2014

This is Alex Sink, the Democratic CFO of the State of Florida that is running for Congress. And she starts off by making a valid point: Americans have been frustrated that they can’t make career or job changes because they are being held back by their personal financial situation. Then she throws her argument into the spin cycle:
    I think that’s what the [recently released CBO] report referenced more, is people having the ability to have more freedom and more choice in their life. Even maybe some people who would rather work maybe part-time and not be a full-time worker so they can do other things with their life. So, actually, it’s kind of an exciting prospect.
    Hold the phone. What? You’re excited about part-time work as if it’s a good thing? Sweet fancy Moses we’re dealing with incomprehensible messaging here.

Forget working hard because it’s, you know, the guiding principle our parents and grandparents taught us we have to do adhere to in order to get what we want out of life regardless of our situation, we have to work! I don’t know in what world a thriving society exists without work, but it sure isn’t this one.

We Americans have things to pay for – like increasing healthcare costs, ridiculously over-funded studies, stimulus to save the banks that caused the economic collapse in the first place, failed green-energy investments in companies of campaign donors, and foreign aid for countries who burn our flag and mock us on a consistent basis.

Then, there’s this, which isn’t a cherry on top, but like a whole other sundae:
    And, for our young people who have had trouble finding meaningful work – in often cases, a lot of people have left the state, a lot of young people, uhh…maybe this is going to free up some jobs for young people to take.
    So, lemme get this straight: You’re saying that your state has had trouble employing young people, at least partially due to ObamaCare, and they’re leaving the state because of that, but that’s a good thing because those frustrated young people leaving will open up opportunities for the same jobs that caused the frustrated young people to leave the state in the first place?

Just when you thought you’ve seen it all… I mean, do these people hear what comes out of their mouths?

It isn’t some right-wing radical theory that ObamaCare isn’t awesome. At the very least, it’s not a clear improvement from the previous system. It leaves 30 million people uninsured, kicks at least several million people off of their insurance, and squashes workers’ hours.

We’re watching the creators and defenders of this legislation being put in positions where they can’t defend it, as evidenced by Alex Sink, who is running for Congress in Florida’s 13th district.

2014 could be a great year for Republicans to restore some understandable arguments on the economy, but it’s up to them to communicate those ideas over this gibberish.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/02/1152...re-cuts-hours/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CRACK HEADS are Among Us; run on this bull shit if you want; Democrats in my Neighborhood are screaming Throw the Bums Out too
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

#FL13-special: Sink calls Obamacare’s reduced work incentive an ‘exciting prospect’

Written by David Freddoso. Posted in 2014 Campaigns

Published on February 14, 2014

In the Florida-13 special House election next month, we seem likely to get an early test of the White House defense of Obamacare — specifically, its answer to teh CBO report that says Obamacare will create an incentive for workers to cut hours or drop out of the labor force.
    Alex Sink, the Democratic nominee, apparently said called this an “exciting prospect” in an interview to air Sunday, and went on as follows, per the Tampa Bay Times. (You can catch a longer clip of the interview at the link.)

“Over the years, particularly the past five six years when we’ve been in this horrible economic environment, I’ve had so many people express to me, ‘Boy Alex, I’d love to start a business or I’d love to change jobs, but I can’t because Ive got good health insurance at my workplace now. I’m stuck in a dead-end job and I’m not very happy in but I have to stay here,’ ” Sink said.
    Of course, this is not what CBO actually expects to happen. To start a business (at least a profitable one) would be to defeat the purpose of reducing one’s own hours, which is to reduce one’s income. The problem is the subsidy cliff — or alternatively, a massive marginal tax-rate hike for incremental gains in income for middle class families.
    Depending on your income and family size, there’s a large transition range from the lower to upper middle class that will now seem not worth passing through, except for those who really do expect to come out on the other side quickly and become wealthy.
    We already had this problem for those at the upper edge of Medicaid eligibility — a raise or the addition of extra hours could suddenly endanger your health coverage. Now we’ve extended the same perverse incentive to those who attempt to make the journey to a higher, self-sustaining family income from, say, a bit below 250 percent of poverty (Obamacare’s upper limit for receiving financial help paying deductibles) through 400 percent of poverty (Obamacare’s upper limit for getting subsidies to pay one’s premiums). In the former case, to increase your hours from say 30 to 40 hours per week would be to make yourself less financially secure in case of illness. In the latter case, an increase in work hours could cost you as much as you make extra. Along with the existing progressive brackets in the tax code, those making the trek from one end of this financial range to the other will be more punished at each step because less work and a lower cash income can be more valuable.
    That’s Obamacare’s incentive to work less. It’s not some spur for entrepreneurship or an opportunity to leave a dead-end job, but an incentive to stay in a dead end job whose hours and income potential are limited, because the more ambitious who want to make the next step will not get to enjoy the fruits of their labor. To add an extra income in your family, or start a side business, or take a job that pays perhaps 5 or 10 percent more could bring you little or no financial benefit or even make you financially worse off.
    I have no idea whether Sink’s argument will work — it’s quite possible that it will, because the above isn’t that easy to explain in a quick soundbite.

http://www.conservativeintel.com/201...campaign=House

you cannot help these SIMPLETONS; all you can do is put them in the Unemployment line right beside you