Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why Are We Paying For This One?

If they paid smugglers to bring them then they can pay the hospital bill. Also this is unfair to other immigrants as they have to get a medical check up and if they are ill they can be denied residency.

http://www.miamiherald.com/416/story/31778.html

Posted on Mon, Mar. 05, 2007
    47 intercepted at sea sent back
    By ERIKA BERAS
    eberas@MiamiHerald.com
    A group of 48 migrants were intercepted at sea last week. All but one -- who had medical issues -- were sent back to Cuba.

It was a busy week for the Coast Guard, according to officials, who discovered migrants at sea every day.

The largest group was interdicted last Tuesday, found 20 miles southof the Marquesas Keys, which are situated 30 miles west of Key West.

One of those migrants was allowed to stay -- Licett Sotolongo, who suffers from kidney problems and needed dialysis. She was transported immediately. Relatives say she is still at Kendall Regional Medical Center.

The other migrants were taken to Bahía de Cabañas in Cuba on Saturday.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cuba has free medical care. Send her home. We don't need to be paying for her medical care. there are americans that need treatment.

I agree. There are many working poor without benefits here and I would rather help them.
    What scares me is that this may send the wrong signal and Cuba may send us their sick in a boat lift. Who knows maybe Castro may show up next.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think we need to start a "bleeding hearts" fund. All foreign donations will be pulled from this account. If there is no money in it, then there is no assistance. I am tired of our tax dollars spent in ways that we do not approve of.

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I agree. There are many working poor without benefits here and I would rather help them.
    What scares me is that this may send the wrong signal and Cuba may send us their sick in a boat lift. Who knows maybe Castro may show up next.
    America politicians have forgotten Americans still live here!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!