Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Wild highjinx at Iraqi trials

Badie Ariaf Izzat, defense attorney for Tariq Azziz and other members of the former Iraqi regime, has been at the center of a bizarre series of events that have apparently demonstrated a serious erosion of amity and cooperation between US forces and the current Iraqi government and court system. Izzat's life may well have been saved by US forces who intervened on his behalf following an unbelievable breakdown of due process that resulted in his being subjected to arrest and potential murder plots by the presiding judge after he made clear that he would submit evidence that the gassing of Iraqi Kurds for which his clients were standing trial may have been committed by the Iranians and not the Ba'athist regime. I am going to provide this link to an interview conducted with Izzat without additional commentary:

LINK

I welcome commentary.

One would have to do some deep digging in order to give any intelligent commentary.

Something smells in that piece but there's much that's not included to connect the dots.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To begin with, these {in red} are definitely anti-American publications.
    The name is very familiar to me, however, I'm going to send this to those that know better than I.

His dispatches were quickly recognized as an important media resource. He is now writing for the Inter Press Service, The Asia Times and many other outlets. His reports have also been published with The Nation, The Sunday Herald, Islam Online, the Guardian, Foreign Policy in Focus, and the Independent to name just a few. Dahr's dispatches and hard news stories have been translated into French, Polish, German, Dutch, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic and Turkish. On radio as well as television, Dahr reports for Democracy Now!, the BBC, and numerous other stations around the globe. Dahr is also special correspondent for Flashpoints.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    The name is very familiar to me, however, I'm going to send this to those that know better than I.

His dispatches were quickly recognized as an important media resource. He is now writing for the Inter Press Service, The Asia Times and many other outlets. His reports have also been published with The Nation, The Sunday Herald, Islam Online, the Guardian, Foreign Policy in Focus, and the Independent to name just a few. Dahr's dispatches and hard news stories have been translated into French, Polish, German, Dutch, Spanish, Japanese, Portuguese, Chinese, Arabic and Turkish. On radio as well as television, Dahr reports for Democracy Now!, the BBC, and numerous other stations around the globe. Dahr is also special correspondent for Flashpoints.
    I'm not concerned about the blogger, but rather with the direct claims of Izzat. If this was commentary I would take the source into account, but it's a pretty cut and dried interview in which Izzat is recounting his version of events. Now, Izzat certainly has his own agenda as well, so that critical filter will have to be put in place, but my real concern is that the new government is slipping so far out of control that it and the US forces appear to be working at cross purposes. That's not good if there's even a modicum of truth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

I'm not concerned about the blogger, but rather with the direct claims of Izzat. If this was commentary I would take the source into account, but it's a pretty cut and dried interview in which Izzat is recounting his version of events. Now, Izzat certainly has his own agenda as well, so that critical filter will have to be put in place, but my real concern is that the new government is slipping so far out of control that it and the US forces appear to be working at cross purposes. That's not good if there's even a modicum of truth to it.
    Crocket,
    we already know that the new gov is spiraling. That's a given.

I am concerned with who the writer is and who picks up his stories.
    That's a factor. It doesn't mean that it's not accurate but it does mean that there could be {and probably is from his other writings I've just scanned} a specific agenda hidden from the public.

This information is also SPUN. I've a lot of info in my memory bank concerning players but I have to dig to be accurate and others know much more.

However, the Iranian connection is way off. That is so bogus that all credibility is moot.
    The question is really what possible connection does Izzat have {deep} with Iran/Syria and is he a Sunni or Shia. Or does he have a connection to another country with the goal of upsetting the applecart? Also, there could very possibly be a connection to the election that he's upset about. There are many variables concerning his being 'disgruntled.'

There have been problems with the underbelly of this gov from the moment we took Chalaby under advisement and it continued. We had a cast of BAD players from the core. It was exaserbated by the many expats that we relied on.......many who only had dreams of their own thiefdoms. the ability to control some of the worlds greatest oil potential.
    Food for Oil is also a factor with many of these people. So many dirty hands and no one has exposed them.

My first take and only an opinion at this moment is that this is a story being planted to continue the disillusionment & to insight anger within all the parties: Americans, Europeans, Muslims and Iraqis. If this one is a Sunni, he would definitely attempt to insight action towards Iran. If he is a shia, then he could be a tool of Iran just as Sadr.
    Either way, he hates America.

Now, it is also a given that the 'court' is a circus and being run in a very poor fashion. Certain people that we sent to advise the Iraqis are U.N. connected and hard left nuts. This is what they wrought......a circus.

I'm saying that there is truth within but this piece also includes spin and lies.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

Crocket,
    we already know that the new gov is spiraling. That's a given.

I am concerned with who the writer is and who picks up his stories.
    That's a factor. It doesn't mean that it's not accurate but it does mean that there could be {and probably is from his other writings I've just scanned} a specific agenda hidden from the public.

This information is also SPUN. I've a lot of info in my memory bank concerning players but I have to dig to be accurate and others know much more.

However, the Iranian connection is way off. That is so bogus that all credibility is moot.
    The question is really what possible connection does Izzat have {deep} with Iran/Syria and is he a Sunni or Shia. Or does he have a connection to another country with the goal of upsetting the applecart? Also, there could very possibly be a connection to the election that he's upset about. There are many variables concerning his being 'disgruntled.'

There have been problems with the underbelly of this gov from the moment we took Chalaby under advisement and it continued. We had a cast of BAD players from the core. It was exaserbated by the many expats that we relied on.......many who only had dreams of their own thiefdoms. the ability to control some of the worlds greatest oil potential.
    Food for Oil is also a factor with many of these people. So many dirty hands and no one has exposed them.

My first take and only an opinion at this moment is that this is a story being planted to continue the disillusionment & to insight anger within all the parties: Americans, Europeans, Muslims and Iraqis. If this one is a Sunni, he would definitely attempt to insight action towards Iran. If he is a shia, then he could be a tool of Iran just as Sadr.
    Either way, he hates America.

Now, it is also a given that the 'court' is a circus and being run in a very poor fashion. Certain people that we sent to advise the Iraqis are U.N. connected and hard left nuts. This is what they wrought......a circus.

I'm saying that there is truth within but this piece also includes spin and lies.
    I think that you misunderstand the significance of the interview. Of course Izzat is going to try to excuse his Ba'athist clients. That's his job. Claiming that Iran had a hand in the gassing of the Kurds is an interesting new wrinkle, but it is almost certainly untrue. The important part of the interview was the portion relating to the apparent adversarial relationship between the US forces and the Iraqi courts and military.

Again, I assume that people have the ability to apply a critical filter to what they read by taking into account the vested interests of the given report.

BTW - Izzat's most prominent client, Tariq Aziz, is a Chaldean Christian. Izzat's hostility toward Iran and his stated desire to maintain a secular government pretty much guarantees that he is not Shi'ite.

I think that you misunderstand the significance of the interview. Of course Izzat is going to try to excuse his Ba'athist clients. That's his job. Claiming that Iran had a hand in the gassing of the Kurds is an interesting new wrinkle, but it is almost certainly untrue. The important part of the interview was the portion relating to the apparent adversarial relationship between the US forces and the Iraqi courts and military.

As I said, this is NOT knew, Crocket. We already knew that -- perhaps some where not aware until now. This has been going on from the beginning. That's my point. One of the reasons why - opinion here - is that the U.N. & U.N. lover Americans that were dispatched to put the jusdicial system together in the first place built in the problems that we are facing. FACT: those people were doing everything to disinfranchise our efforts FACT: it's not a knew issue. We've been dealing with this from the get-go.

Again, I assume that people have the ability to apply a critical filter to what they read by taking into account the vested interests of the given report.

Don't count on that. Why would you even think that people can THINK CRITICALLY? They don't and haven't for years! Isn't this one of the reasons why the press has been able to do the dirty deeds?

BTW - Izzat's most prominent client, Tariq Aziz, is a Chaldean Christian. Izzat's hostility toward Iran and his stated desire to maintain a secular government pretty much guarantees that he is not Shi'ite.

{for my own curiosity now} I'm going to run his name through some friends to see if they have his deeper links. If he's sunni, there is a strong possibility that his ties to certain people and areas will shed light on his motives. We are dealing with Russia/China, PFrance/Germany....behind the scenes. They have tried to destroy or disrupt our goals from before we ever landed in that sandbox due to their Oil & Weapons deals with Hussein.

As I said, this is NOT knew, Crocket. We already knew that -- perhaps some where not aware until now. This has been going on from the beginning. That's my point. One of the reasons why - opinion here - is that the U.N. & U.N. lover Americans that were dispatched to put the jusdicial system together in the first place built in the problems that we are facing. FACT: those people were doing everything to disinfranchise our efforts FACT: it's not a knew issue. We've been dealing with this from the get-go.

Don't count on that. Why would you even think that people can THINK CRITICALLY? They don't and haven't for years! Isn't this one of the reasons why the press has been able to do the dirty deeds?

{for my own curiosity now} I'm going to run his name through some friends to see if they have his deeper links. If he's sunni, there is a strong possibility that his ties to certain people and areas will shed light on his motives. We are dealing with Russia/China, PFrance/Germany....behind the scenes. They have tried to destroy or disrupt our goals from before we ever landed in that sandbox due to their Oil & Weapons deals with Hussein.