Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WILL CONGRESS WIPE OUT HOME GARDENS, GROWERS MARKETS?

WILL CONGRESS WIPE OUT HOME GARDENS, GROWERS MARKETS?

By Sarah Foster
    Posted 1:00 AM Eastern
    March 23, 2009
    © NewsWithViews.com

The Internet’s buzzing about a bill in Congress its sponsor and supporters say is vital for protecting consumers from food-borne illnesses, but critics claim would place all U.S. food production “from farm to forkâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DeLauro's official picture looks like she had been exposed to too many of Monsanto's chemicals (where her husband works) and could have used some raw milk.
    Florida's tomato sales were destroyed when the e-coli virus was suspected from some farms in the state. Turned out it was jalapeno peppers imported from Mexico, which seems to grow most of their crops in raw sewage.
    We don't need another huge federal bureaucracy, we just need to augment those already in place. I have already pounded every US rep from NC, as I feel much safer buying food locally produced than something imported from who knows where.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly HOW is this going to ensure food safety? Sure we've had peanut butter problems, but had as many - if not more problems with IMPORTED produce/food products.

Picking on small growers and seed banks isn't solving food safety issues. The wording of this bill leaves open potential problems for any citizen who grows a few tomato and corn plants for their personal consumption, whether 'registered' or not.

I WILL continue to grow my own, on my own land and ANY interference will be met with strong resistance.

Ummm..NO. I am growing and eating my veggies and I wont stop. They will have to throw me in jail. This is not about food safety. This is about companies like Monsanto wanting to patent ALL seeds and food items. They want to control the food for the world. They are sick mofo's. There is no danger in saving seeds. Farmers have done it for centuries. The danger is in the handling of the food once it is harvested.