Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wisc:Student Senate Members to Target White Privilege Issues

From the University of Wisconsin, River Falls

uwrfvoice.com
    Covering the University of Wisconsin, River Falls since 1916

Student Senate members to target white privilege issues

By Natalie Conrad

Published February 25, 2010

The UW-River Falls student senate will be sending up to five students to the 11th annual White Privilege Conference (WPC) from April 7-10 in La Crosse, Wis. The conference serves as a yearly opportunity to examine and explore difficult issues related to white privilege, white supremacy and oppression, according to the event’s Web site.

There is expected to be approximately 1,500 people from 40 states who represent numerous sectors of our workforce, and include high school and college students, grass roots activists, educators, members of the spiritual community, musicians and artists, according to the Web site.

“White privilege is the concept that simply because one is Caucasian, there are inherent benefits within the framework of our society,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[b]“It is important to send students to the White Privilege Conference because it is not well known and is a relatively new concept that the students at our university do not quite understand or even realize,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Guilt trip designed to funnel more money into minority programs.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Where is the Asian privilege conference? Asian American have a higher per-capita income than white Americans. Or the Jewish privilege conference, Jewish Americans have the highest per-capita income by far?

How are they going to close the gaps when they try to make whites feel guilty and ashamed of being white. Is it suppose to make other races feel some how superior to whites. What is white privelidge. I am white and I don 't feel I have had it "good". My family gets mad at me sometimes when shows like American Idol take a black participant and tell their "sad story" like no other race on this earth has had it as bad as blacks. It should be telling the blacks that they should be glad the "whites" are so supportive and non racial and bent over backwards, to the detrement of themselves. If they still lived in Africa, they would not be judged just on the color of their skin, but their tribal area etc. They have more chances of lifting themselves up in the good old USA than another place on earth. But I guess we haven't paid enough.