Shawano High School in Wisconsin ran an opinion package in the editorial section of the school newspaper on gay families adopting children. The Hawk’s Post ran columns for and against gay adoption.

The fifteen year old student that wrote the article against gays being allowed to adopt children wrote:

“If one is a practicing Christian, Jesus states in the Bible that homosexuality is [a] detestable act and sin, which makes adopting wrong for homosexuals because you would be raising the child in a sin-filled environment.”

However, problems arose when a gay couple, Nick Uttecht and Michael McNlly who live in the town and are raising four children, read the editorials and instantly took offense and notified the school. School officials apologized to the pair of men and pulled the article. Uttecht said,

“This is why kids commit suicide.”

After receiving the complaint from the two men, Todd Carlton, school district superintendent said the editorial was a form of bullying and they promised to use more control in editing and approving posts that go into the school newspaper. In a written statement he said,

“Offensive articles cultivating a negative environment of disrespect are not appropriate or condoned by the Shawano School District.”

Steve Crampton, vice president of legal affairs for the Liberty Counsel says the school’s actions are reprehensible and that they caved in to the complaints of just one homosexual. Crampton went on to say,

“What you really have, the upshot here, of course, is some opinions are more valuable than others. In fact, the school goes so far as to say that those who express traditional values and Christian viewpoints are not entitled even to the freedom of expression anymore, apparently.

“To give in to an overly-sensitive homosexual is not to set up the kind of rational and civil debate that I think the school was trying to do in the first place. What you’re doing is setting a horrific example that he who screams loudest will get what he wants.”

When I did a search on web on this incident, I found that the majority of the articles reporting it were written in favor of the homosexual couple. The articles want you to believe that the gay parents were horribly victimized by the editorial.

But what surprised me is that none of the articles said if anyone contacted the school to complain about their censorship of the student’s editorial. If no one has, then why hasn’t the Christian community risen up in force to protest the school’s censorship of his First Amendment rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion? Why didn’t the Christian community protest about the pro-gay editorial as being offensive?

Shawano County, according to the 2010 US Census reports that there are only 82 gay households in a county of over 17,000 total households. That means that gay households only make up less than one half of one percent of the households in the county.

Yet that small percentage are the ones that are hollering the loudest and getting their way. This is why many religious leaders adopted the expression, ‘Silent Majority’ to describe the majority of Christians in America who remain silent on so many issues. This is also why the screaming minority has been able to get their perverted ways accepted and are literally destroying America’s culture. And until Christians start standing up and shouting louder than the amoral culture, we will continue to lose our rights and freedoms.

Read more: Wisconsin School Censors Student’s Editorial Wisconsin School Censors Student

I have always believed in live and let live but it is getting ridiculous out there and borders on insane to me. I have to say this censorship that is ever increasing in our society bothers me greatly, and it needs to stop now. These so called educators need to go they have no place in our schools and that we call them educators is down right asinine. Get rid of the DEPT of Education and these so called educators before they destroy our children, they have done enough damage already