Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Woman accused of road rage in elderly beating

Indiana News
    E-Mail News Alerts
    Get breaking news and daily headlines.

Woman Accused Of Road Rage In Elderly Beating
    Police: Woman Threw Elderly Victim Into Traffic

POSTED: 6:40 am EDT May 1, 2008
    UPDATED: 11:01 am EDT May 1, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS -- A woman was arrested Wednesday night in a road rage beating of an elderly driver earlier in the day, police said.

Jessica Vasquez (pictured), 19, was taken into custody after she assaulted Evelyn Page, 81, who she thought was driving slowly in the 6200 block of South Meridian Street, on Indianapolis' south side, according to Indianapolis Metro police.

Police said Vasquez sped around Page and then slammed on her brakes, forcing the elderly woman to stop.

Then, according to police, Vasquez jumped out of her car, opened the driver's-side door of Page's car and began beating her.

Police said the victim tried to get away, but that Vasquez pulled her out of the car and continued beating her, forcing her to fall into two lanes of traffic.

Page's face was bloodied and her leg was broken in 14 places, 6News' Jack Rinehart reported. She will also have to undergo knee replacement.

"This is a crime that is outrageous, something that we don't normally see," said IMPD Detective Wendall Daniel. "We don't normally see a female, 19 years old, beating an 81-year-old woman."

Witnesses followed Vasquez's car as she sped away and were able to give police a license number, which led to her arrest.

"It was through the help of a lot of Good Samaritans today that we were able to put this case together so quickly," Daniel said. "We had civilians who saw this and stopped to help the victim."

Vasquez expressed remorse in a profanity-laced interview with 6News as she was taken to a police station.

"I don't have anything to explain to you," Vasquez said. "I hope she's feeling better tomorrow."

Witnesses told police that Vasquez had as many as three young children in her car when the incident occurred.

Vasquez could be charged with felony battery and confinement, police said.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/16102256/detail.html

I just found this so sickening. What is going on with people these days?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just found this so sickening. What is going on with people these days?
    I ask myself this same question several times a day. Whats right is wrong and whats wrong is right. People are ruder, meaner, and more violent than ever before. Its a really weird time we are in right now. I've never seen anything like it and it blows my mind if I think about it too much.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Love your closing remark.....here's a story on how they have managed to find out more information about a wild animal than they can 1 illegal.

Slain cougar likely from South Dakota
    ROSCOE VILLAGE | Cat chased out of barn in Wisconsin in January, DNA tests show

May 1, 2008Recommend (4)

BY DAN ROZEK Staff Reporter/drozek@suntimes.com
    The 124-pound cougar that ended up in Roscoe Village last month may have started its life nearly 1,000 miles away in South Dakota. And the big cat -- the first cougar found in Cook County since at least 1855 -- definitely passed through southern Wisconsin as it wandered toward Chicago.

DNA testing shows the young male cougar shot by police April 14 is the same animal that was chased out of an abandoned barn near Milton, Wis., in January, Cook County officials said Wednesday.

Earlier DNA tests run on a drop of blood found in Wisconsin after the Jan. 18 encounter indicate the cat is genetically similar to cougars living around the Black Hills in South Dakota, which is the closest established population of the predators to Chicago.

While more testing will be done to try to pinpoint the cat's origins, it's clear the cougar -- estimated to be about 2 years old -- traveled a long way in unfamiliar territory in its short life.

The reason? The young cat likely was forced out of the region where he was born by older, dominant males -- and took to the road to search for a mate.

"He kept moving because there were no females," said Bruce Patterson, curator of mammals at the Field Museum. "They have to keep moving until they find lady cougars."

Exactly how and why the cougar chose to travel into a densely populated Chicago neighborhood remains a mystery.

"These findings provide a glimpse into the life of this wild cougar and are critical pieces of a larger puzzle, which for us and other agencies is where it came from and how and why it reached an urban area," Dr. Donna Alexander, Cook County animal-control administrator, said in a statement.

The DNA results also ruled out the possibility the cougar was an escaped exotic pet, officials said.

The first reported sighting of the cat occurred in northern Cook County on March 29, but a daylong search failed to find any signs of the elusive animal. Other sightings were reported in March near North Chicago in Lake County.

On April 15, the cat was shot six times after being cornered by Chicago Police near Audubon Elementary School. It died of gunshot wounds to the heart and aorta, a necropsy concluded.

The animal -- whose exact age is still being determined -- measured 5 feet 4 inches long, authorities said.

"This is amazing," said Patterson. "It's sort of a celebration of nature, the way they've bounced back so that we had one here."

Well now she is going to be on the recieving end when she goes to prision. Those women in there will turn her into a mess.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro
    Well now she is going to be on the recieving end when she goes to prision. Those women in there will turn her into a mess.
    I would imagine that someone who beats an elderly person is right down there on the totem pole with a child molester/murderer.

I don't think I would have been a very good eye wittiness to that. Even worse, she did that in front of her children.

her leg was broken in 14 places

Dixie

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Third world mentality

There was a similar incident in Phoenix about two years ago on Valentine's Day.

An elderly man had gone out to buy his wife of many, many years her annual Valentine's Day gift of flowers and never made it home.

Seems that while he was driving he "irritated" some 20 something illegal alien thug who proceeded to drag him out of his car at a light, beat him senseless, and then shove him backwards causing this man to strike his head on the curb. He later died of his injuries.

That story made me cry when I first heard it on the news and it still makes me tear up.

If this is what they are willing to do in public, what must they be doing to the elderly they are illegally caring for in nursing homes and hospitals when no one is watching?

"This is a crime that is outrageous, something that we don't normally see," said IMPD Detective Wendall Daniel.
    Add it to the list of stuff we are starting to see 'normally'. Maybe old white America just isn't dieing fast enough for them...so they speed up the process. Vasquez is hoping the lady she battered feels better tomorrow .................all the cuss words I currently know just to not adequately apply! !!!
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    There was a similar incident in Phoenix about two years ago on Valentine's Day.

An elderly man had gone out to buy his wife of many, many years her annual Valentine's Day gift of flowers and never made it home.

Seems that while he was driving he "irritated" some 20 something illegal alien thug who proceeded to drag him out of his car at a light, beat him senseless, and then shove him backwards causing this man to strike his head on the curb. He later died of his injuries.

That story made me cry when I first heard it on the news and it still makes me tear up.

If this is what they are willing to do in public, what must they be doing to the elderly they are illegally caring for in nursing homes and hospitals when no one is watching?
    Anyone that hurts an old person is cruel and heartless beyond belief. This also of course goes for children and animals...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast