Woman Forced to Pay Alimony to Ex-Hubby Who Raped Her Daughter

One of the most bizarre divorce cases I’ve heard of in years just happened to take place in none other than the land of nuts, fruits and flakes – California.
A few years back, Carol Abar discovered that her husband Ed had been raping her daughter for the past 16 years. She immediately filed for divorce which is what most women would do. But the judge who presided over the divorce case ruled that Carol had to pay Ed $1,300 a month in alimony. California law allows for a judge in a divorce case to consider domestic abuse between the couple, but has no provision for child abuse to be a factor.

Every month when Carol sat down to write out the check to her ex-husband, it made her angry and sick to her stomach that she was forced to pay support to the man who raped her daughter for so many years. After paying $22,000 in support, Carol found herself free of the unfair burden when Ed plead guilty to only one of five rape charges and was sentenced to jail.

So how long do you think Ed’s jail sentence was for raping Carol’s daughter? According to the terms of the plea bargain, he spent 1 year in jail for violating her daughter for 16 years. During that time, Carol did not have to pay him alimony and she thought it was finally over with for good.

But that does not appear to be the case. After Ed was released from his year in jail, he headed straight to court to get the alimony payments reinstated. Not only is he trying to get them resumed, he’s also asking for $33,000 in past due payments.

How would you feel if you were in Carol’s shoes? How could any judge make the mother of a rape victim pay support to the man who raped her daughter? If I were Carol, I would file a civil lawsuit against Ed Abar for the years of abuse and sexual rape of her daughter. Surely the experience has traumatized this girl to the point that she may never be able to have a normal relationship with a husband. She probably won’t be able to trust any man in her life, no matter who he is.

The California legal system is definitely broken and needs to be fixed. Personally, I believe the judge in Carol’s divorce case needs to be removed from the bench and horse whipped out of town.

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/05/...#ixzz2TNs2qfi9

Idiocy come to mind. Guess the judge follows the laws these smart law makers made, now who do ya think they were protecting when they designed that one!!!!!