Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

BY JOE GOULD
    DAILY NEWS WRITER

Updated Friday, November 28th 2008, 10:19 AM
    A Wal-Mart store was the scene of chaos this morning. Anderson/News

A Wal-Mart store was the scene of chaos this morning.
    Related News
    Photo Gallery

* Black Friday frenzy

Articles

* NYers make mad dash for deals
    * Black Friday shopping tips
    * Retailers optimistic about Black Friday

A worker died after being trampled and a woman miscarried when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island Wal-Mart Friday morning, witnesses said.

The unidentified worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

Nassau County Police are still investigating and would not confirm the witness accounts. The Medical Examiner will determine the cause of death. Police did say there were several injuries but weren't more specific.

Jessica Keyes was among the shoppers. She told the Daily News she saw a woman knocked down just a few feet from the dying worker.

"When the paramedics came, she said 'I'm pregnant,'" Keyes said.

Paramedics treated the woman inside the store and then, according to Keys, told the woman:

"There's nothing we can do. The baby is gone."

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/200 ... after.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does anyone here witnessing things like this with us have any doubts about why God's wrath is due in America?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

.....sickening....

Yeah W.,

I think it's long overdue. Money and material status are more important than liberty, self reliance, and dignity.

Divine Providence has not abandoned Ameria, America has abandoned Divine Providence.

And the the spiritual debt collector is starting to call on the debt owed.

Most of the population has no clue what it means to be an American. Moral guidence and pathes are now considered wrong or evil. And when people are this unruly, the only way to keep them at bay is at the business end of a gun I am afraid to admit. It is a shame, but we've just about gone full circle now to the point ignorance and despotism again. The next logical step is to enlightenment and liberty again. Which when won usually leads to better manners too.

What do you expect when the media practically praises the thieving pirates who have been seizing ships? You hear them say " no one has been harmed, they only want money, these impoverished people are so in need". SO... if you need then it's okay to commit crimes. They've been advertizing 'door-busters' all week, whipping the public into a frenzy of greed. This is manipulation for the drones.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Up here in Maine, I saw the midnight opening of stores on TV. Our Mall was mostly all kids.
    Teenagers with nothing to do but look for a place in the Mall to just hang out.
    Kids have NO Boundaries! No respect!

Any pictures of the crowd?
    I bet it was all kids with drivers licences, filling their cars and heading to Malls.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

It is quite horrifying.

Prayers go out to the victim and his family. The poor woman who lost her baby as well.

If they have sales like these, they have to have security!! I think every store egging the customers to be the first ones at the door, should make sure it's a secure shopping experience. It takes someone getting hurt and now killed to get that message across.

SHOP ONLINE! STAY SAFE!

Long Island seems to be making a lot of national news lately for all the wrong reasons!

I NEVER go out on Black Friday to shop. It's utter chaos! I was told that this local Walmart is frequented by a poor minority population so considering their situation, maybe great bargins on items they wouldn't normally be able to afford, just makes them lose all sense of sanity.

I'm not making excuses for them but you guys saw what happened during Katrina. It's frightening what desperate people will do. I pray this isn't a preview of what's to come (God forbid), if there are food shortages. I could see people reacting like this for food but not for cheap Chinese made goods! It's disgusting.

I hope the economy doesn't get as bad as they say but, maybe it would be a lesson learned about how materialistic we have become and hopefully, a return to a more simplistic society. Where families actually sit at the dinner table together to share a meal, and maybe where people place more value on what we have rather on what we don't.

I don't want to get all Biblical here but just like the story of Noah and the Ark where civilization needed to be wiped out by a flood to start over again, maybe this country needs a good cleansing by going through a difficult economic crisis to wake us up from this consumer obsessed fantasyland we've all been living in.

Wal-Marts are evil empires. They pay their clerks salaries that they can barely get by on, and they sell cheap foreign JUNK mostly from China. But, some people cant afford anything else and thats how Wal-Mart stays in business. Its tragic what happened to that clerk and the woman that lost her baby. My prayers go out to them and their families.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    "He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."
    What a horrific experience. There is little human kindness left in the world it seems.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast