Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Would you support the location of a prison, Georgia,Illegals

Thanks for voting!

Would you support the location of a prison in Jenkins County by the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) that would initially provide 200 jobs for local citizens?

Poll Answer Votes Percent
    of votes
    Yes 114 28%

No 293 71%
    Undecided 6 1%
    Comments

http://www.themillennews.com/public/display_polls.cfm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

don't know if it's just my computer, but the link didn't work.

The below link worked for me:

http://www.themillennews.com/

I would support NO prison operated by CCA. I know their record of escapes, etc.

The waste of funds is abhorable and would not apply to illegal aliens awaiting deportation.

State of Georgia would have to pay based in part on the number of "empty beds" that CCA had to "market", as they called it.

For instance, Alaska blew them out a short time ago. As a result they still have over 500 beds to market. Those inmates are housed in Arizona. They expect Alaska will transport them back to Alaska by December, 2009.

In their (2009 2nd quarter? sorry, don't have the site up) earnings statement they showed considerable profit due to high inmate count in California tempered by lower inmate count in three or four other states.

They are a corporation who answers to investors.

Just recently here we had an officer shot and almost killed due to yet another of their escapees. That one was given 2 weeks notice of an off-site medical appointment. Why he needed that? Apparently he didn't. But he apparently did know the medical staff employed by CCA was too incompetent to know that he didn't need off-site treatment and there was nothing wrong.

It was enough time for him to make arrangements with cousin/brother/whomever. Protocol is that if the inmate is in need of off-site medical attention they are told that morning (enough time to shower and clean themselves) and denied phone privileges to avoid such incidents.

There was a female CCA guard who was armed and TWO CCA guards who were not who accompanied him to his "appointment".

When the shooting started, the "armed" guard reached for her cell-phone instead of her weapon. (Guess she was used to that cell-phone ringing more than she was used to the training that would have dictated she grab her weapon first.)

They were all either out of a CCA LA facility or a GA facility but it came to a head in TN.

They aren't known for their quality of training or their pay and have a high turnover rate.
    An American of Irish descent - NOT an "Irish-American".
    He is my son. He currently serves for us in Iraq.