Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    DaveMor wrote,
    Jesus is coming so we shouldn't care." If that doesn't scare you I don't know what would.
    Does Jesus scare you?
    No, because Jesus was a person that should be respected, yet people in today's times believes in "Supply side Jesus". I believe in the REAL Jesus, not the one that allows humanity to USE him for their own beliefs.

Here is a comic that explains today's religion:

This COMPLETELY explains todays religion. People are given an EXCUSE to behave badly. After all, you are forgiven to act like a heathen. If people would stop accepting "supply side Jesus" and accept Jesus for who he was, the planet wouldn't be in such a stinker. Jesus IS God, just like the rest of us, yet we allow sin to dictate our lives only because we are "forgiven". You know what? We AREN'T forgiven, we STILL have to pay for our actions! You can't be a giant sinner and EXPECT not to suffer the consequences. We have to live our lives as if we were Jesus. That's why I laugh at the whole rapture scenario. The majority of the people that THINK they will be taken are sorely mistaken, because they have allowed themselves to believe in Supply Side Jesus, instead of the REAL Jesus.

My church used to spill the belief that we cannot attain the knowledge of Jesus, which is not true. I can still give a homeless person a few bucks, or I can praise the works of Jesus to people that don't know him. Preachers today RELY on donations, whereas I can hold a normal job 6 days a week, but on Sunday I can teach people about Jesus because I truly love him. It is an abomination that people make a profit from his word. Jesus stood on a stinkin' rock for crying out loud! Since when does a church have to make a profit to bring people to God? If you guys can't see that, then your soul is truly doomed. If I were given the opportunity, I would preach the gospel for free, because I love him enough to tell people that God is the way, and the light. I wouldn't ask for money, because God doesn't need money, but he DOES need people to spread the word.

I think if the rapture were to happen now, most of the people that call themselves "christians" would be left to suffer their consequences. After all, if you can believe that illegals should suffer their consequences, what makes you any different? You had better start living your life in a God-like fashion, or you WILL suffer. It doesn't matter if you think you are "forgiven", you are not. You WILL pay for your karma.

Well DaveMor, I can see I had you all wrong. You are gonna liven things up, are'nt you?

Well DaveMor, I can see I had you all wrong. You are gonna liven things up, are'nt you?
    I guess as long as I'm allowed to. I have only a few posts and it appears that I have made enemies, which was not my intention. I just wanted a place to express my own views, but apparently that isn't kosher.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMor
    I guess as long as I'm allowed to. I have only a few posts and it appears that I have made enemies, which was not my intention. I just wanted a place to express my own views, but apparently that isn't kosher.
    DaveMor

Whether anyone agrees or not, isn't important. You have your I Ammendment Right to Freedom of Speech. Thomas Paine made a statement that if he refused to hear the points of someone else even if they were not his beliefs, does he not himself, impose a tyranny of thought?

You consider yourself a liberal, and that is your beliefs. I try to the best of my ability to be a common sense oriented individual. In otherwords, like my kids as they grew up, at first I had to be staunchly conservative in what I allowed them to do. As they grew I could loosen the reins a bit at a time, as long as they showed they used good sense in their decisions. So for myself, there are varying degrees of conservative and liberal points that can apply. I may agree or disagree on points with everybody here, but it doesn't mean they should be silenced, nor I, for not agreeing with each other or anyone else. This is how some of the best choices are made, by disagreeing with each other. For it brings many ideas together and hopefully some good comes from it.

At least you don't have to worry about having an Aaron Burr, Alexander Hamilton outcome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12