Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your personal information

This is from a trusted source....

Beginning last month (JULY '06) a new database was made available to the general
    public free of charge that displays your personal information (names,
    addresses, phone numbers, birth dates). (Soc. Sec. is available for a price.)
    The database is found at http://www.zabasearch.com/ type in your name and check
    ... you'll be SHOCKED as I was!

I urge you to forward this email to family and friends. Check to see if your
    name and information is in their database. If so and you want it removed, send
    them an e-mail at: mailto:info@zabasearch.com to request it be removed. I do
    not know how our names are appearing there, but I checked my own and a few other
    random ones and they are all in this database!

After opting out by email, check back after a few days to make certain your
    information has been removed. If it has not been removed then file a complaint
    with your State's Attorney General
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Checked ... I'm not listed.

Although it's actually easy to get a hold of alot of that stuff anyway by paying the fee and getting a copy of public records.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

This may be tied to times when you've had money problems, bought and sold property or invested money.

After checking out a few names of people I know I discovered that the dates on the site coincide exactly with two friends money problems. One almost had a house foreclosure on the date he was listed and the other had problems with student loans.

When I checked out my dads name he was listed on there a few times. I know he sold some property about the time the date was recorded. Ditto with my brother.

My husbands and my name isn't on there and coincidently we've never had money problems and have not bought or sold property recently. This is a weird site-I wonder where they are getting their info from exactly?

Yes! This is true! People can find out much more personal information than most people expect. In the county I live in in NC, real estate records are available FREE online at the register of deeds office. These often bring up much more personal information than many would believe, including divorce separation agreements in some cases, as well as new and non-published address or phone records. The free records show the actual documents including signatures.

Sex and criminal offenders are wide open and available through the State of NC.

So are bankruptcy records and I believe throughout the USA. These list any creditors you owed while filing for bankruptcy along with their business names and addresses. Again, prior addresses may be available.

States vary, but in NC drivers license records are private to a certain extent. I believe anyone can obtain a copy of someone elses license info with a small fine and a written letter. The letter has to list a reason why and the person being searched is supposed to be let known. I think this is correct but I've never searched anyone's driving records.

Vital information such as birth, marriage are more private I believe at least in NC and written notice, a small fine, and the reason asking are supposed to be given.

As far as divorce records in NC, well as far as I know they are not available online, but anyone for any reason, I believe, can go to the appropriate court record house, ask for the records by the last name, and the files are wide open for reading as well as copies of any part of the file.

Your private lives are not so private.

Some online peoplesearches list addresse/phone #s some of which are supposed to be unlisted. Birthdates are sometimes revealed too.

I went through a nasty divorce. I learned much about being a private detective online.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I think it may also have to do with the area you are in too. What I mean is in some places it may be slightly more difficult (barely) to get info, but in some places it's as easy as walking in and simply asking.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

After checking more peoples names I'm sure this database has something to do with public records.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    I think it may also have to do with the area you are in too. What I mean is in some places it may be slightly more difficult (barely) to get info, but in some places it's as easy as walking in and simply asking.
    Ladydrake,

You are right!

State laws vary and even laws within Counties in States vary. In many States now or at least in hundreds of Counties, it is easy to obtain free and confidential access to private information, sometimes online and sometimes by making a free and confidential trip to a courthouse.

By the way, I bet this makes it easier for identity thieves to run their businesses so to speak.

Annie
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

Thanks...
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Checked out my name on the ZabaSearch - actually two last names. After the divorce papers were finalized four years ago, I resumed using my maiden name. Before that and for almost two decades I used the Hex's last name.

Under my maiden name, I'm listed as living in the rental house my Hex moved into after separation. Never lived there. The records also include his phone number.

Under my previous married name, I'm also listed as living with the Hex in his current abode. I'm also listed in the marital home that had to be sold and the house I currently and still reside in, and for the past 3+ years.

I didn't do any further searches because they want money. These records don't seem to be current.

I better check credit history reports again because in the past they mistakenly listed me as an owner of a credit account that the Hex and Ho were behind on paying monthly installments on, sometime within the past four years. I cleared that up and my name off that errant account.

If this Zabasearch is searching for free public records I cannot understand why they are listing my previous address as well as an address I've never resided. My information is NOT unlisted in the white pages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast