Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Zogby Reveals that Amnesty Would Increase Illegal Immigrtion

Zogby Survey Reveals that Amnesty Would Increase Illegal Immigration from Mexico
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 12:57 PM EDT

A new survey conducted by Zogby International reveals that 56 percent of Mexicans believe that someone they know would try entering the United States illegally if the country was to offer legal status to illegal aliens. Yesterday, Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) offered an outline for a mass amnesty plan.

Here are the survey's major points:

•A clear majority of people in Mexico, 56 percent, thought giving legal status to illegal aliens in the United States would make it more likely that people they know would go to the United States illegally. Just 17 percent thought it would make Mexicans less likely to go illegally. The rest were unsure or thought it would make no difference.

•Of Mexicans with a member of their immediate household in the United States, 65 percent said a legalization program would make people they know more likely to go to America illegally.

•Two-thirds of Mexicans know someone living in the United States; one-third said an immediate member of their household was living in the United States.

•Interest in going to the United States remains strong even in the current recession, with 36 percent of Mexicans (39 million people) saying they would move to the United States if they could. This is consistent with a recent Pew Research Center poll which found that about one-third of Mexicans would go to the United States if they could. At present, 12 to 13 million Mexico-born people live in the United States.

•An overwhelming majority (69 percent) thought that the primary loyalty of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) should be to Mexico. Just 20 percent said it should be to the United States. The rest were unsure.

•Also, 69 percent of people in Mexico felt that the Mexican government should represent the interests of Mexican-Americans (Mexico- and U.S.-born) in the United States.

•A plurality, 39 percent, of Mexicans thought that in the last year fewer people they know had gone to the United States as illegal aliens compared to previous years. Only 27 percent thought more had gone. The rest thought it had stayed the same or were unsure.

•A plurality, 40 percent, also thought that in the last year more of the illegal aliens they know had returned to Mexico compared to previous years. Only 25 percent thought the number returning had fallen. The rest thought it had stayed the same or were unsure.

•Both the bad economy and increased immigration enforcement were cited as reasons fewer people were going to America as illegal aliens and more were coming back to Mexico.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, just declare every human on the earthball an American citizen.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There needs to be more investment from the United States in Mexico particularly by the Mexican Americans and Mexican immigrants but also by corporations and our government.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    There needs to be more investment from the United States in Mexico particularly by the Mexican Americans and Mexican immigrants but also by corporations and our government.
    Richard, I would be willing to donate money IF they FIRST -- completely finish the border wall, tightly secure the border, increase border security, strictly enforce ALL immigration laws, throw illegal employers in jail, clarify the 14th amendment so NO more anchor babies, start deportations.........

But our government will NEVER do this.

I also wish businesses would invest in Mexico. But many people are against that because they believe it would also come at the expense of US jobs. How do you avoid US job losses?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Builditnow,

I agree with most of what you say.

There are two groups of businesses I see incurring jobs losses to Mexico those are American employers of illegal aliens and the Chinese. Like if Dov Charney of American Apparel feels so strongly in the merits of his 1,800 recently discharged Mexican illegal alien employees why does'nt he try cotinuing to employ them in Mexico.

Reading this makes me literally ill. We will literally lose this country.....ffffftt....with one fell swoop of Obama's pen.

Lets say amnesty was granted. What oh what will Janet Marguira and the NCLR and others of thier ilk have to do after that? They will keep demanding more and more and more and it will never end. Citizenship will not be enough for these lowbrows. Nothing will ever be enough for them until they have complete and total power!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Reading this makes me literally ill. We will literally lose this country.....ffffftt....with one fell swoop of Obama's pen.

Lets say amnesty was granted. What oh what will Janet Marguira and the NCLR and others of thier ilk have to do after that? They will keep demanding more and more and more and it will never end. Citizenship will not be enough for these lowbrows. Nothing will ever be enough for them until they have complete and total power!
    Absolutely. Amnesty will just be the beginning of The Transition, (as another ALIPACer called it, I think MikeN from LA).

It will never end. It will never be enough. Not until they are the majority. Not until they control every major industry of power including media, education, and politics. Until they get it, they will demand it based on "civil rights", "social justice", and "ending discrimination". These will be the mantras until they have it all.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal

Absolutely. Amnesty will just be the beginning of The Transition, (as another ALIPACer called it, I think MikeN from LA).

It will never end. It will never be enough. Not until they are the majority. Not until they control every major industry of power including media, education, and politics. Until they get it, they will demand it based on "civil rights", "social justice", and "ending discrimination". These will be the mantras until they have it all.
    Yes, amnesty, in and of itself is scary enough...but if we look past it-the ripple effect is even scarier! I don't understand why libs and OBL's dont seem to have the capability to see the forest for the trees on this!